North Dakota

David's Bridal West Fargo

So from what I've heard from other brides is that each David's Bridal is different in terms of service — some good, some horrible. I was wondering if anyone knew if the service is good or not at the West Fargo location? Thanks!

Re: David's Bridal West Fargo

• edited December 2011
    I went to the one in Bismarck and they were awesome.  Would be worth your time if Fargo's David Bridal is rude.  Try and go to Davids Bridal during the week right away in the morning if possible.  We went on a Tuesday and I was the only one trying on dress sure made a difference because everyone was focused on me instead of how fast can I sell this dress to you.    Try it and if you don't like it go somewhere else.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Davids Bridal and had a great experience. I have dealt with many of the girls there and they are fabulous. I have been told to go else where to alter my dress, because they charge too much, but they are great over there to buy your bridal gown and bridesmaids dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress there and they have been great and so helpful. My sister got her bridesmaid dress at one in FL and said they were helpful.  I've heard conflicting stories about DB but I was very happy here in good ol West Fargo!
    Anniversary
  • nessa16nessa16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress there and so did two of my bridesmaids and they were great.  Very helpful, patient and answered all my questions.  They even shipped my dress when they recieved it to CO where I am currently living and where I will have to get my alterations done.  It is strange that you can't just get your dress sent to another location if you order at another one though.  I have been to local one here in CO too for questions and help with other bridesmaids and they have been very helpful as well.  I have to agree that the quoted prices for alterations does seem a bit pricey.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the DB in West Fargo on a weekday morning, and they were pretty indifferent.  I got shoved in a couple of unflattering dresses and when I would say "I like this aspect, do you have something else without 'blank'," I was met with "I don't knows."  Maybe they sales people helping me were new and didn't know the stock very well. 

Also, I have had a problem with DB giving my name out to vendors who call and email me, even though I told DB that I had already booked a location and vendors.

I am glad you all have had better luck.
  • lilshag34lilshag34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just there not to long ago and thought they were very helpful! they really listened to what I wanted and got me into the dresses I liked. I would suggest going when its not super bust because they can pay more attention to you and there isn't so many people running around! If looking for a dress in fargo I would really suggest Wedding elegance. they are awesome! the bridal shop is also good as far as dresses go but bad for customer service!
  • MillissaBMillissaB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Davids Bridal in West Fargo is fantastic. I was there on 2/7 with my mom and my maid of honor. You may need to make an appointment, but they're super helpful. I'm fairly certain I'll be buying my dress there. We spent over 3 hours looking at dresses, i must have tried on at least 20 dresses. They were very attentive and very helpful. If it helps, I had AJ helping me, she was great!
  • lilshag34lilshag34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would really suggest going to Wedding elegance. I went there after I went to davids bridal and the lady at wedding elegance was way more into making it a great experense and they have a lot more dresses and they let you go out and pick some. when i went to davids they just picked some. I liked a dress there but I loved a dress at wedding elegance, that is where i bought my dress and it was cheaper than davids

• Racytay55Racytay55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just recently went into David's Bridal and I absolutely loved it! I don't have enough time or space here to write all of the wonderful things they did. I stopped in on a Saturday which is typically frowned upon, but it was when everyone could meet. I worked with Sarah and she is actually getting married soon too so she understood all of my jitters and concerns. She was so gracious that she even let me try on the dress she picked for her wedding!

I would recommend them to everyone. I wasn't a "try one dress and realize it's the one" kind of shopper. I found the one - and then tried on 30 more just to make sure! I went back on a Tuesday and tried on more and they were so friendly and understanding. I found the bridesmaid dresses and the gown and couldn't be more impressed! I stopped at two other shops (Wedding Elegance and Alan Evan's) but they just didn't make me feel like I did at DB.

I loved loved loved the experience!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards