North Dakota

Flowers and Salon

My fiance and I are getting married September 10th. He is from North Dakota but we currently reside in Rockford, IL. It's a little difficult planning a wedding when you aren't familiar with the city of Bismarck. Can anyone recommend a florist and a salon for the day of the wedding?

Re: Flowers and Salon

• edited December 2011
    I have been looking into flowers as well for our wedding in August. I have heard that Robert's Floral, Ken's Flower Shop, Dutch Mill & Central Market are probably the best to choose from. If you Google "flowers Bismarck ND" the contact information should be available. 

As for a Salon... I used to go to Regis Salon, however, recently my stylist moved to MN so I am currently looking for somewhere else as well. I have heard that Salon 613 is very good and caters well to Bridal Parties. 

Just a few ideas to help you out!

• jcombsjcombs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get wedding flowers here, but when hubby orders flowers for me, the best are at Dutch Mill.

Salon 613 is a beautiful building and if you want to have that atmostphere, its a great choice.  I used to go there but all the stylists I like left and a bunch are at Salon Off Broadway now or Spa Retreat.
  • goetzcz21goetzcz21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I decided to go with roberts floral, my dad went there a few years ago and bought my mother a beautiful arrangement. I thought they had a good price range & lots of ideas & plenty of options. I've always enjoyed getting flowers from there.
    Dutch Mill does a nice job.
    I dont know of any salons, I normally go to my hometown salon which is several miles away.
  • edited December 2011
    Broadway floral of hearts creates beautiful contemporary floral arrangements. The price is comparable to any other flower shop in Bismarck. When I went to Roberts Floral they told me they couldn't do what I wanted and they weren't going to guarentee the flowers were going to hold up. I was very unimpressed with their customer service.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards