North Dakota

Receptions in Fargo

I am looking for a good and inexpensive place in Fargo to hold our reception....if you have any ideas they would help a lot

Re: Receptions in Fargo

• AmandaK2010AmandaK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget?  how many guests?  what day of the week?  and what time of year?  All of those questions can help us narrow down the options for you!
  • emfinckeemfincke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    its about 200 guests on a sat. im not quite sure of the budget yet but i would estimate around 2000-3000.
  • edited December 2011
    Check with the parks, the zoo, or the air museum.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AmandaK2010AmandaK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would think that many hotels would fit that budget and that amount of people.  I would even try the Avalon.  Holiday Inn by the mall is nice and not terribly expensive.  Also, there is a place in South Moorhead that is supposed to be really nice as well.  Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    No way you could get the Avalon or other nice hotel for a decent price. If you are putting that budget money just to the reception hall, then maybe. But the main thing you are putting your money towards at a hotel is the food. When you book with a hotel you HAVE to use them for food, you can't cater out. I would say your best options for an inexpensive place is to go with just a reception hall and find your own caterer.

I'm doing the AmericInn because I won the reception hall for free at their bridal showcase and the food is almost half the cost of my WHOLE wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Is the $2,000-$3,000 mark just for the reception venue? Or is that the whole wedding budget? No hotel could even do food for 200 people under $3,000. We are having our 250-300 person reception at the Ramada, and they have a $5,000 minimum just for food. Its usually not the venue cost that's expensive...its the FOOD. Have you considered the new Trollwood? Its BEAUTIFUL, and you can bring in your own food/catering.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at the Avalon, and it is 500-600 for the room and a minimum 4000-5000 for food/drinks that you have to spend.
  • edited December 2011
    i'm having my reception at the Radisson Hotel in downtown Fargo.  The cost is either $4000 or $4500 depending on which month you have it in.  I'm having my wedding on a Friday and it's costing half that amount.  :)  They are really great to work with so I recommend them.
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards