Military Brides

Losing weight...

Is anyone else trying to lose weight or get into shape before their wedding? 

I'm really lacking any sort of motivation with FI being gone. It's not that I feel sorry for myself, he just is an insane runner and when he's not around I don't feel like working out.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Re: Losing weight...

• edited December 2011
    I was like that in the beginning of my husband's deployment.  I tried to use him being gone as my motivation to lose 20 pounds before he came home.  I'd lost maybe 8 pounds but then I really lit a fire under my ass when it was like 3 months before he came home and I dropped the 20 and then some.  Things might change as his homecoming gets closer and closer.  You will find the motivation, I promise!
  • edited December 2011
    Well now my problem is that he is about 3 months from coming home. But I have been so distracted with the wedding that it kind of kills anything I try to do. It doesn't help that I recently moved back in with my parents to save money for the wedding and this means I have to leave at 6:30am to get to work and I don't get home until 6:30... I know it's just a stupid excuse, but I always manage to find one... haha ugh! So frustrating! 
  • edited December 2011
    I totally understand!  There is still some time between him coming home and the wedding so maybe when he gets home he can be your motivation.  A few things that helped me was drinking just water and walking more like parking the car further away when I went places and taking the stairs rather than the elevator.  You don't get instant results but in the long run the little things do help.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in 2 years, but my fiancé graduates Sub School then he leaves. I'm really rather nervous about when he leaves not for the normal reasons, but I'm afraid of putting on more weight. 
    imageGraphics
  • CARLY78CARLY78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got 3 words for you ladies- 30 Day Shred. This DVD got me back into shape, and fast! Jillian Michaels is tough, but she delivers the results. I can only do level 1 b.c of my knees, but it still is hard! And nice thing, it's only 25 minutes. So it kicks your butt in a little amount of time. My hubby just got deployed and I told myself I'm not going to do what I did  last time and wait last minute. So, I started right away and I've lost 5 lbs. in 2 weeks.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • edited December 2011
    I can relate to the FI being gone and you lacking motivation. My FI's been gone for 3 months, and I've gained 12lbs. Now's he's been granted leave before a deployment!! He's in crazy good shape, and I'm in decent shape (or I was..) I've started yoga & running more often, but I'm also taking acai berry supplements. I was really honest with my FI and said I needed motivation, and he totally gave it to me!! Talk to your FI if you can, and tell him you need some encouragement!! Good Luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate 30 Day Shred. It gets old quick. And Jillian is evil!

Depending on your work schedule or whatever, try and workout like its part of your jbo. Get up and go first thing in the morning, then you have the rest of the day ahead of you and you don't have to think, "Man I really don't want to work out later today Ugh!"

I'm good if I go in the morning but otherwise it doesn't get done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jbtigger06jbtigger06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im the opposite of your girls...Im the one deployed... im using it as my motivation. I've been here since Feb and i've lost 17 pounds and 3 inches... I'm in so much better shape... I just recently got back into the swing of things (i slacked off in the middle of the deployment) but i just figure like pp said you have to treat working out like its part of your job if you get off at 6 put in your mind that you dont really until 1-2 hours later... it might not always fit in your schedual but maybe 3-4 times a week... good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards