Military Brides
Options

Last Single Ladies Post

Well ladies, it's time! ACK! David is in the air and when we gets to town its a couple final stops/errands then Rehearsal and Dinner time. I can't wait for the fun! This week has been full of late nights and early mornings. (p.s if you don't have to have a seating chart, DON'T this project literally took me DAYS- thank you family politics!)

Thanks for all your help with the Military aspect of our wedding. It's nice to see others out there and have people experiencing the same pros and cons. My family has no military members so it's all new to us. I promise I'll be back with pictures, our photog is really good about getting a sneek peek by Monday but since its a holiday wknd it may be longer. I on the other head will be giving my camera to one of my GFs to take pics, so I'll post those Monday after David leaves.

thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see you on the married flip side!

Re: Last Single Ladies Post

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and enjoy every minute of the weekend!! It goes by in a flash!!

oh and ps- That is the reason I didn't have a seating chart.  I thought everyone was adult enough to find seats that would make them happy!
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have a blast this weekend and enjoy every minute with your new H! Congrats in advance!

We did a seating chart and it was a bit of a pain, but it was nice to use TK's program for it, it made it easier on me. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have a great time! :) 
    March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon - Undecided (NYC or DC)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited for you Shan, and can't wait to see pictures!  I hope you have a great weekend!!

We did a seating chart and it wasn't too hard. I definitely prefer having one, but it's not as bad if there are a lot more tables and seats available than there are guests.  That way a family of 4 doesn't come in a little late and be forced to split up.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beach - We did it because we didn't want to split up families and family fighting etc. But the parent's pulled rank and all our friends our in the back (furtherest from the head table) which upsets me.  But we only contributed 1% so apparently that voids my voice :( I hope its okay after dinner because they are right by the DJ and Bar.
    THATS the annoying part... and we had people keep changing their RSVP, add ons and people telling me WHERE they wanted to be sat. All that = cluster.

David landed safely and I am waiting impatiently to meet him for lunch. So praise the lord the Groom will be there :) now if only this T-storms that are predicted for tomorrow would hold off a few hours until after pictures!
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly Shan that's the best way to do your seating.  Family and older guests up front, and friends in the back by the DJ and bar.  Older people seriously get pissed if they aren't sitting close to the table, or if they are anywhere near a speaker.  Also many times they leave soon after dinner anyways, so it's there time to "spend time with you."  Your younger friends will likely stay all night and be on the dance floor with you and spending time with you.  Plus, most young people couldn't care less how close to you they are for dinner, but are thrilled to be ner the bar.  So don't stress too much, you did it right!

So glad he landed safely and has made it there!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I'm so happy and excited for you :) I wish you all the best in the world and will be sending you happy thoughts and prayers on your big day. Especially about those t-storms!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahh!!! Shan!!! I thought about you a million times while I was driving!!

I know you won't even get this until after the wedding, but I know your day will be beautiful!! Everything will go smoothly!! I can't wait to see pictures!! You deserve the best!!!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards