Military Brides
Options

Intro

Hello! I've been on TK before and for a couple of months this time but I just found this board and think it's awesome! I'm active duty, FI is not. I'm stationed in FL and planning a December wedding in TX so there's many challenges that some people really just don't get. FI should be joining me in a week so that should help. Other than that, I'm having fun planning but always feel like I'm forgetting something despite my OCD for lists, lists and more lists. Oh, and the wedding planning book/guide I have that I fill out religously. Again, Hello!
imageimage
Wedding Countdown Ticker
MUST HAVES: Clothes, Groom
WISHES: Wedding planner(check!), Honeymoon, Blue Petyl Bouquet

Re: Intro

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!! welcome :)

what branch are you? have any pets?
    Hope you like it here. tell us more about your wedding!

personal blurb: Fi is active army lived in Dallas for a little while in Louisiana again for now.
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
    I'm also in FL, my FI is Air Force. I'm also a huge list-maker, I do it for everything. There's something so satisfying about crossing things off. Tell us more, and if there are pets, pics please!
  • Options
    LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

Welcome to the board. Tell us about your wedding!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Double yay for December weddings!! (I got married last december!) Welcome to the board!! Thanks for your service!! I was AD Navy, and my H is AD Marine Corps.  Hope you enjoy the board and I'm looking forward to hearing more about you!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI first, thank you for your service!  Welcome to the board and congrats on your upcoming wedding! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!! I had thought of a December wedding but that is my birthday month and I didn't want the H to get off with just having to remember dates in Decemeber.  HAAA Laughing
  • Options
    shayNnikshayNnik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well thanks for all the responses! Everyone here seems so nice. Ok so I am Air Force, I have one dog who I saved from the shelter the day he was going to doggy heaven. His name is Max and he's a black 30lb blob that looks something between a black lab and some sort of mut with medium, really coarse hair that sheds horribly. No pics here on my computer at work but I'll try to post some when I'm at home.

About the wedding, only about half of it is completed and we're really lucky to be surrounded by talented people so that we can have the wedding of our dreams on the small budget Uncle Sam provides. Our colors are Aqua blue and Chocolate brown, I found a business just starting out for linens and got all of them at a steal so I love that the look and feel will be fancy but I don't have to spend alot. I'm a bargain shopper, it's almost a challenge not to pay retail for anything. My biggest dilemma so far is that we're doing the reception at a historic women's building-and they have these floral curtains that my grandma wouldn't have even hung in her living room 40 years ago.

I know there's a ton more details, seing as how I've been planning hardcore for a couple of months now, but I'm spacing out right now on a few things.
    imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't you just love the out of date things that some of these places use?  When we looked at venues, one place told us the just updated the space.  When we got in there I thought to myself, they just updated in 1975.  I

know they are curtains and most people won't notice (well at least me) but is the room big enough that you can set up to hide them.  Like for example if you are having a DJ they typically come with a bunch of tall speaker and equipment and normally people don't really look at the DJ.  Is there a place in the room that does not have the curtains so you can maybe set up the cake so they won't be in your pictures? 
  • Options
    shayNnikshayNnik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_intro-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:08461b5d-dc78-4053-9928-2bd33683aee6Post:64f9c2ff-e6e4-484e-8dd1-39b834f857ec">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't you just love the out of date things that some of these places use?  When we looked at venues, one place told us the just updated the space.  When we got in there I thought to myself, they just updated in 1975.  I   know they are curtains and most people won't notice (well at least me) but is the room big enough that you can set up to hide them.  Like for example if you are having a DJ they typically come with a bunch of tall speaker and equipment and normally people don't really look at the DJ.  Is there a place in the room that does not have the curtains so you can maybe set up the cake so they won't be in your pictures? 
    Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, there isn't. There are 2 large windows on 2 walls and I think 3 doorways into the buffet area that all have them. Plus the one on the stage, which the DJ will most likely block. That one is easily hidden but the rest of them are definitely eye sores. I've looked into material to drape over them but with 5 and the size they are, that money just isn't in the budget. FI wants to take them down so you just see the white sheers  but I thik that would be a PITA since it's a DIY venue and we'd have to put them back up(or trust someone to do it) at the end of the night.
    imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and Welcome!! 

Happy Planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board