Military Brides

"Minimoon", then honeymoon?

Since our money situation is a little tight, what with our wedding and the three other weddings next summer that we're either in or invited to, FI and I were thinking about possibly postponing a big honeymoon for maybe our first anniversary and going on a sort of "mini-moon" to someone fun, unique, and inexpensive. Is anyone else doing this or does anyone have any ideas for places to go? :) TIA!

Re: "Minimoon", then honeymoon?

• edited December 2011
    MCH77: I live in northwest PA, so it wont be much of a drive to Niagra Falls. Another good idea if anyone is interested is around this area there are a ton of B&Bs along with a bunch of winerys to tour locally. Its huge in PA and NY. Also mid-state PA has a resort called Seven Springs, mostly known for snow skiing but they are year round.  You can rent a cute cabin for a decient price and there is so much to do in the area. Winter: Skiing, sleighrides, snow mobiling. snow tubing... Summer: white water rafting, hiking, biking, 4wheeling, horseback riding, golfing... and the resturants are AMAZING. Its definately worth looking into if your up for a lil of everything.
  • edited December 2011
    Hm. Well I don't really know a whole lot about Cali, but Ive always wanted to see the Sequoia national forest (not sure what the name is but youll probably know what I mean) and they have some awesome winerys that could be fun for a honeymoon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MCH77MCH77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had not thought of going north.  That is a great idea, I will have to run it past FI.  Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    MCH77: if you need any recomendations let me know
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards