Military Brides

NWR: Health Professionals Scholarship

Hello Military Brides!I'm actually a married knottie, but I've stuck around since my wedding ;)A couple questions for any Air Force/Navy/Army brides out there about the Health Professionals Scholarship program. Are dependents covered on the health insurance? Is the stipend the same, regardless of # of dependents?Basically, my DH is applying to dental school for fall 2010. Between now and then we plan on working and saving up funds. We would like to start trying for a baby to hopefully arrive in spring/early summer (while I still work full-time) When he starts school we want to live off his stipend with me working a PT job in addition. (to save on child care and stay home with my little one as much as possible) Do you think this is doable? We plan to pay as much debt off before baby/dental school and then live on the basics.We've talked to a recruiter, but they really don't give much information until you're ready to sign the dotted line. Since this program is for 'commissioned officers' we're not ready to commit until 1. He becomes a citizen, which is a requirement and 2. He gets his dental school acceptance letter, to ensure we get the scholarship (I've got a lot of military family members and history has told me that you have the most negotiating power prior to signing paperwork)Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NWR: Health Professionals Scholarship

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards