Military Brides

New to the board

Hey everyone, my name is Ashley and I'm engaged to the man of my dreams who's in the Air Force. We've set our date for July 31, 2010. Right now FI is in FL and I'm living in NJ planning as much as I can by myself. I'm starting to apply for jobs so I can hopefully move down to him in the next couple months. We're actually getting married at Disney World and so at least I have some help with all the planning and such, but any suggestions or help you would be able to offer would be great! Thanks!!

Re: New to the board

• edited December 2011
    Welcome! The ladies on this board are great! A Disney wedding sounds fun : ) That's a great place to have to travel to for a wedding! Where is your FI stationed in FL? I lived in FL for about a year before moving to Texas. GL with everything, and let us know if you need any help!
    Military Newlyweds FAQ Button
  • edited December 2011
    Just want to say welcome! :)
  • snyderlsnyderl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi Ashley, welcome to the board!  a Disney wedding sounds like SO much fun, Disney is one of my favorite places in the world - it's so magical!  where at Disney are you getting married?  i keep trying to convince FI to have our honeymoon there but i don't think he really wants to lol.
  • ashley713ashley713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    abh - he's stationed at hurlburt field. he lives in navarre. its awesome there... the beach is so nice!! i can't wait to get down there haha. snyderl - we're getting married at the wedding pavilion and then the reception will be held at the boardwalk resort. i know Disney is great! FI and I were just there at the beginning of the month on vacation with my family and then his family loves it and goes there like once a year haha. it's going to be an awesome time!
  • edited December 2011
    I lived in Pensacola and then Milton, so not too far away. I love the beaches there! The beaches here in TX are so sad compared to the FL beaches. I'm not sure what kind of job you're looking for, but I did substitute teaching for Santa Rosa County while we were living in that area. My degree isn't in teaching, but I really enjoyed it. Most of the schools were nice (especially the ones in the Navarre Beach area) and the kids were pretty good. I think the pay was around $85 a day if you have a Bachelor's Degree. Just an idea! : )_
    Military Newlyweds FAQ Button
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards