Military Brides

invite question!!!

Hey girls-   I can't decide whether or not I want to put my fiance's rank/branch on our invitations.  He's a 1st Lt in the marine corps.  I know proper etiquette says to put this info under his name on the invites, but we can't decide if we should include it or not.  Everyone attending already knows that its a military wedding...we're only having family and close friends.  Anyone else leave the rank/branch off of their invite?  We're both proud of what he does, but at the same time we like to separate his job from our personal lives.  We don't feel like its necessary to include this info, but would it be in poor taste to leave it out?

Re: invite question!!!

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's in poor taste to leave out his rank. IMO, it's similar to a doctor not wanting his title on an invite. It's his title. He earned it. I'd say it's his choice. So if you guys don't want it, don't have it.However, please capitalize Marine Corps in the future.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    My FI didn't want his ranking on our invitations. I would leave it up to him.
  • lous22lous22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I guess I'll leave it off.  Also...sorry I didn't capitalize Marine Corps...I'm not that concerned about proper grammar when posting on the knot.  There are bigger issues in this world. 
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Capitalizing Marine Corps is not necessarily a grammar issue. To a lot of Marines, it's a respect issue.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards