Military Brides

Coordinating Colors.

I am having a hard time finding colors that compliment the Army Dress Blues. I really want bright colors because I'm hoping for a spring wedding, but that all depends on training. Please help if any way. Also, it has been hard to find colors that compliment the different color blues. thanks.

Re: Coordinating Colors.

• edited December 2011
    As any MB board veteran will tell you:Military uniforms go with ANYTHING.Period.Don't worry about matching, complimenting, whatever, it's going to look good regardless of what you pick, I promise. Yes, this from a person who did match, but more by accident as the colors were picked before my DH even enlisted. But you can see so many examples of military weddings where the colors were not matching and it turned out great. Think of his blues as a tuxedo. It's going to look great. Hot pink and orange? Yep. Purple and green? You betcha :)Now go knock yourself out and get paint chips at Home Depot and mix and match to find something YOU like, not an exact match of the blue of his uniform, you'll drive yourself crazy with doing exact matching, anything close will look just as fine. Good luck!!
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ^^^^^^^ Exactly what she said.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • lef5000lef5000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is Army also and will be wearing his dress blues. I picked cobalt blue bridesmaid dresses, they will be holding bouquets of yellow roses. My bouquet will be white and purple. The moms will be wearing shades of blue/green and yellow. It all is going to look so great together! I can wait to see it on the big day. Just go with what you like, the uniforms have all sorts of color to them so its really hard to clash. Be careful if you're trying to match the pants exactly, they seem to photograph brighter than they look. Best of luck!
  • billman2billman2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Charlie.  Everything looks good with Military uniforms.  We went with red because it was 4th of July weekend and I thought it would look especially nice with the red in DH's USMC uniform.  Having said that,he was the only person in the wedding with much red is his uniform really becuase my Dad and Brothers are officers in Army and Navy.  Looking back I totally agree that every color goes with uniforms.  I saw tons of pictures of men in Dress blues at our wedding dancing with other guests, posing with other guests---all in various colors.  The blues looked amazing next to EVERYTHING.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards