Military Brides
Options

Grrrr FI!

So.... We decided we were only going to include the children of our families (mainly because we both have cousins with small kids who are travelling to be with us and would otherwise not have anyone to watch their kids) Well, FI made a new friend recently and decided to include him and his wife in the guestlist, which was fine. But, in the e-mail he sent asking for the guys address, he said that we would be inviting them and their kids. There are a lot of other friends invited who have kids who are not invited. I'm concerned that they will get there and be upset that their kids were not, especially since they will have to fork over the added expense of a babysitter in addition to the travel expenses / gift / whatever else. We cannot un-invite the guy's kids, but what do I say to the others who had to find babysitters? Especially since a lot of them are FI's co-workers (many of whom outrank him, and are in positions to influence his career) I really would like to avoid pissing them off. Plus, what do I say to my mom, who is footing the bill for the reception? She asked that we not include everyone's kids because it would be more than she could afford for the added guests.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Grrrr FI!

• Options
    aprilrose975aprilrose975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO its all or none.   Have you checked with your caterer.  Our caterer Only charges $10 for 12 years or younger and 5 years or under are free. 
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The deal we made with the reception location was 145-155 people for a flat rate. Kids under 5 don't count towards the number of people, and kids 5-12 count as 1/2 a person. I agree that is all or nothing, I'm just at a loss for how to explain to my mom now why we have all these kids that she said we weren't including.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    angelsmileangelsmile member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your FI should have the responsibility of securing someone that CAN be trusted that he KNOWS to watch their kids.  Y'all agreed and he screwed the pooch.  That's that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards