Military Brides

Is my H too fat for the Army?

No. No he is not. We still have a fighting chance here, people! LOL!

What's everyone up to today? I just got a $10 for $40 voucher for Mixbook to make my wedding albums, thinkin about getting 1 more, just in case. Has anyone used Mixbook before? Reviews?

ETA: Here's the link- http://tinyurl.com/bw6hjzh 
Stolen from the DIY board.

Re: Is my H too fat for the Army?

• Yay Yay Yay!! Great news!!!

I am busy with work today and following up on wedding things. I've gotten a ton accomplished so I feel the need to get whatever else I can knocked out. Hopefully I'll get a lot more done. I have no idea how I am still functioning either, after 4 hours of sleep I'm still going strong. But it is only 1:30. LOL.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • CAB: I really hope your H gets it! I'm just finishing up my late lunch. I spent the last few hours getting a car wash, the at the NEX and Commissary. H is on duty today, I can't wait until his 3 day duty section is over since I see him less!
  • Kara, I was reading about the paper bag situation right now. How annoying!!!
    AMH, are you the next one in line to get married on the board? YAY!!!!!

So we are going to Benihana tonight! Ohhhh how yummy!
  • Right? I don't get how grocery stores that use paper begs can't simply put handles on them, sorta like shopping at the mall! Lol I sm so jealous, have some yummy food for me CAB!!
  • HEEEYY!! I have been missing in action on the board for a little while but I am back now.  I was trying not to turn on my computer to keep me from checking e-mail and working while on vaca.  Thank goodness for a smart phone so I at least had facebook. 

I am heading out to Walmart in a few to get stuff for the NYE party but up until now I have been laying around. 

YAY CAB's Hubby!  I am not sure if I told you or not but your pictures are just beautiful and I love all of the little details.  You were a very "glam" and "Old Hollywood" bride.  I love it!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_h-fat-army?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:144608b2-e2c2-4080-b381-f9db3fa4e632Post:a8b7e13d-2b93-4bd5-a47c-a7fb37eadd13">Re: Is my H too fat for the Army?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kara, I was reading about the paper bag situation right now. How annoying!!! <strong>AMH, are you the next one in line to get married on the board? YAY!!!!!</strong> So we are going to Benihana tonight! Ohhhh how yummy!
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

I think I might be... someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I know Binx is really close too!  I'm starting to get really excited! And definitely a little nervous/freaked out that I am going to forget to do something or not get something. I know I'll be the only one who notices. But I feel like our wedding is going to be compared to FSILs in may. Not that I really care, but I don't want someone pointing out oh Anne forgot this but FSIL had it. Dumb I know. But thankfully the motivation boot has kicked me in the butt because I REALLY needd to be kicked in the butt.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_h-fat-army?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:144608b2-e2c2-4080-b381-f9db3fa4e632Post:0a99a89c-b9fa-4019-9f17-474b3f6823b9">Re: Is my H too fat for the Army?</a>:
    [QUOTE]HEEEYY!! I have been missing in action on the board for a little while but I am back now.  I was trying not to turn on my computer to keep me from checking e-mail and working while on vaca.  Thank goodness for a smart phone so I at least had facebook.  I am heading out to Walmart in a few to get stuff for the NYE party but up until now I have been laying around.  YAY CAB's Hubby! <strong> I am not sure if I told you or not</strong> but your pictures are just beautiful and I love all of the little details.  You were a very "glam" and "Old Hollywood" bride.  I love it!
    Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]

Thank you darlin'! :)
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    CAB - First, YAY! Second, I made my guestbook from mixbook. I wish I would have gotten that coupon...but we had a 25% off.  I had only heard good reviews from them, and all the research I had done had said they were one of the better Photobook companies.  I'll let you know how it looks when I see it tomorrow. =)

I am dealing with family drama today....2 years ago (2 freakin YEARS) my cousin -in-law and my brother were football trash talking on FB. CIL puts a rather crude comment on my brother's FB. Since then they have not talked or even been able to be in the same room. CIL has apologized and wished he didn't post it, everyone else has moved on, except my immature brother. He got mad at my MOM for inviting her SISTER (and Cousin/Cousin-in-law) to Christmas dinner when my brother wasn't planning on even coming.  My brother is being totally immature and now shunning my whole family for associating with Cousin/CIL. I have a bad feeling this drama is going to transfer to my wedding.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_h-fat-army?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:144608b2-e2c2-4080-b381-f9db3fa4e632Post:b757c42f-5f6d-48a1-8772-7ad02da4dea6">Is my H too fat for the Army?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No. No he is not. We still have a fighting chance here, people! LOL! What's everyone up to today? I just got a $10 for $40 voucher for Mixbook to make my wedding albums, thinkin about getting 1 more, just in case. Has anyone used Mixbook before? Reviews? ETA: Here's the link- <a href="http://tinyurl.com/bw6hjzh" rel="nofollow">http://tinyurl.com/bw6hjzh</a>   Stolen from the DIY board.

I used their groupon for wedding books for our parents. :) I really love their quality but what I didn't like is you can't use the Groupon towards shipping or tax. We wanted to get our parents small coffee table books so we ended up not using the whole groupon and still had to pay OOP for the shipping and tax which was annoying so I dunno if we really saved money on it.

If you are going for a larger book and/or adding a ton of pages I think you'll come out ahead though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_h-fat-army?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:144608b2-e2c2-4080-b381-f9db3fa4e632Post:c23e216a-ab4e-4cc3-aeea-783763fbb38c">Re: Is my H too fat for the Army?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Is my H too fat for the Army? : I used their groupon for wedding books for our parents. :) I really love their quality but what I didn't like is you can't use the Groupon towards shipping or tax. We wanted to get our parents small coffee table books so we ended up not using the whole groupon and still had to pay OOP for the shipping and tax which was annoying so I dunno if we really saved money on it. If you are going for a larger book and/or adding a ton of pages I think you'll come out ahead though.
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I noticed that about the shipping, too. We are probably going to get one of the bigger coffee table kind though, so I think it will be worth it in the long run. Thanks for the info! You too, Amanda!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_h-fat-army?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:144608b2-e2c2-4080-b381-f9db3fa4e632Post:6a9db646-ee7a-4c58-a7ac-117fdfc8681c">Re: Is my H too fat for the Army?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is my H too fat for the Army? : Yeah I noticed that about the shipping, too. We are probably going to get one of the bigger coffee table kind though, so I think it will be worth it in the long run. Thanks for the info! You too, Amanda!

We did that for our Guest Book and spent the full $40. We had a unique situation- where I made personalized books for each set of parents and mailed it directly to them (so they had to be separate orders). As far as the quality it's awesome just make sure  you use high res/good quality photos since you are doing the big one. I was surprised how big the pictures on each page were (since they don't give the demensions of the photo boxes).
  • Yay Cab!!! Now you don't have to feel like a fraud.. even though you shouldn't have in the first place. 

I just spent the last 2 hours wrapping presents for my niece and nephew and sister who arrive tomorrow night so my ass is like numb and painful.  Plus, mom and I were cleaning for our cleaning lady.. Because even though we pay her to clean, we still feel like she can't see how messy we "really" are.. Silly I know.  Mom and I also went and got manicures earlier tonight and we tried the shellac polish. So far so good and I am notorious for chipping my nails usually like walking to the car from getting them done.  On top of all of this, I'm still sick, I've been up since 3 am, and I have to get up stupid early tomorrow too.  Right now I'm torn between getting up earlier and taking a shower, and just taking one now.  I don't want to take one now because then it'll be like another hour and a half from now (I have really thick hair) before I can actually go to sleep, but then again.. I don't want to have to get up even earlier and add that to my already mounting list of things to do tomorrow all before I go into work at noon.. Ughh.. Can I just clone myself?
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards