Military Brides

Ranger school

So sorry guys for the double post but for some reason it doesn't matter how i look at my older post about ranger school it will not open for me and i can't see anyone's response. If you could copy them here or PM me i would be so greatfull. Thanks guys!!

My Brother in law to be is in basic training now and ranger school soon. I would like to get married spring 2013. how long do the two usually last?

Re: Ranger school

• My FI was in basic for about 4 months. He had a ranger contract but turned it down so not sure on that one.
  • Unfortunately, there's no easy answer.  If it's really important for your BIL to attend, you might need to wait until he's at his duty station before you plan.  But there's always training and deployments that an get in the way.

Ask your BIL when he thinks he could attend, and go with that.  It's a gamble, and you might not get him there, but if he's going to be an Army Ranger, there's not likely to ever be a sure time.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ranger-school?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:24e0fa08-0a02-4d6a-bc80-fdde504d3688Post:d8e88f4a-f247-4e74-b170-f17d1f150412">Re: Ranger school</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately, there's no easy answer.  If it's really important for your BIL to attend, you might need to wait until he's at his duty station before you plan.  But there's always training and deployments that an get in the way. Ask your BIL when he thinks he could attend, and go with that.  It's a gamble, and you might not get him there, but if he's going to be an Army Ranger, there's not likely to ever be a sure time.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]
    Completely agree
  • His Ranger contract depends on how well he does in Airborne School.  After AIT, he'll go to Airborne.  I'm pretty sure that's still 3 weeks.  After that, he'll go to RASP for at least 8 weeks.  I say at least because you can be recycled very, very easily.  During RASP, they'll decide if they want him in Regiment.  If they want him, they'll send him to a battalion for at least one training and deployment rotation before Ranger School. 
    I couldn't tell you if he is going to be available for Spring of 2013.  He would have to get through RASP first and be assigned to a BTN.  After that, he may be able to be there if your wedding is on a long weekend and he can get a pass to go that far.  Other than that, you would have to wait to find out when his block leave would be.  They get two weeks a bit before deployment and 2 weeks a bit after each deployment.  They are gone A LOT. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ranger-school?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:24e0fa08-0a02-4d6a-bc80-fdde504d3688Post:d8e88f4a-f247-4e74-b170-f17d1f150412">Re: Ranger school</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately, there's no easy answer.  If it's really important for your BIL to attend, you might need to wait until he's at his duty station before you plan.  But there's always training and deployments that an get in the way. Ask your BIL when he thinks he could attend, and go with that.  It's a gamble, and you might not get him there, but if he's going to be an Army Ranger, there's not likely to ever be a sure time.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]
    There are sure times, but they are few and far between. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ranger-school?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:24e0fa08-0a02-4d6a-bc80-fdde504d3688Post:b0accf6a-1316-4c77-82b2-3b342e9e660e">Re: Ranger school</a>:
    [QUOTE]His Ranger contract depends on how well he does in Airborne School.  After AIT, he'll go to Airborne.  I'm pretty sure that's still 3 weeks.  After that, he'll go to RASP for at least 8 weeks.  I say at least because you can be recycled very, very easily.  During RASP, they'll decide if they want him in Regiment.  If they want him, they'll send him to a battalion for at least one training and deployment rotation before Ranger School.  I couldn't tell you if he is going to be available for Spring of 2013.  He would have to get through RASP first and be assigned to a BTN.  After that, he may be able to be there if your wedding is on a long weekend and he can get a pass to go that far.  Other than that, you would have to wait to find out when his block leave would be.  They get two weeks a bit before deployment and 2 weeks a bit after each deployment.  They are gone A LOT. 
    Posted by iluvmytxrgr[/QUOTE]<div>Holy crap you know your stuff haha

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_ranger-school?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:24e0fa08-0a02-4d6a-bc80-fdde504d3688Post:0b041366-3dd5-4cbd-b242-7b997fcb3287">Re: Ranger school</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ranger school : Holy crap you know your stuff haha
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

Lol, :)
  • Ok so I checked our last letter and it looks like he is in his now second week of airborne. Not sure if that makes much of a difference or not. I know my FI wants him to attend as he should, but i would like to be married before my FI has to move in summer of 2013.
  • It's your husband's brother.  I think I would wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards