Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

What songs are you using for your ceremony?

I'm still trying to get some ideas and would love to hear what all you are planning on having played at your weddings. I've been tossing around the idea of having my wedding party and myself walk out to "Marry Me" by Train and leaving to "You Make My Dreams Come Treu" by Hall & Oates.

What songs will you be using?

Re: What songs are you using for your ceremony?

• Options
    I walked down to Crazy Love by Michael Buble and we left to Good Day Sunshine by The Beatles, because it was an outside wedding :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Well, we have some similar ideas =]  Here are our ceremony songs:

Mothers/BMs processional: Butterfly Waltz, piano solo arranged by Brian Crain
    Bridal Processional: Canon in D, piano solo arranged by Brian Crain
    Unity Candle music: Sunrise by Brian Crain
    Recessional: You May My Dreams Come True by Hall & Oates
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Only had 2 songs -

Processional - Open Window (The Wedding Song) - Sarah Harmer
    Recessional - If I Could Give You More - Harry Connick, Jr.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Processional:  "Con Te Partiro" by Sartori and Quarantotto
    Recessional: "Te Deum" by Charpentier
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    for the processional we are still deciding between 

1) Vitamin String Quartet- Because You Loved Me
    2) Vitamin String Quartet- Ill Be
    3) Vitamin String Quartet- Faithfully
    4) Vitamin String Quartet- Cant Help Falling In Love

recessional we are deciding between 

1) Vitamin String Quartet- All You Need Is Love
    2) Carrie Underwood- Ever Ever After
    3) Natalie Cole- This Will Be

• Options
    I am planning on walking down to an instrumental version of "Tale as old as Time" from Beauty and the Beast.  Another song I have been considering is "Window to the Past" from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  My fiance and I want what we love to be mixed into our wedding without it being noticed really.  Just mixing it in so the guest do not realize what it really is, so that it is still classy.
  • Options
    Processional: Make you Feel My Love by Adele - piano version played by my future step son
    Recessional: We'll Be Together from Grease
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've having the parents and bridal party walk down to I'm Yours by the Vitamin String Quartet and then I am walking down the aisle to a piano version of All You Need Is Love (it's a bit slower than the Vitamin String Quartet version).
  • Options
    sbradkesbradke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I am having a guitarist and violinist play at the cermeony.
    Processonal: Make You Feel My Love
    Recessional: I'm Yours
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • Options

Wedding Party: Canon in D

Me: Bless the Broken Road (piano version)

Sand Ceremony: From This Moment On (piano version)

Recessional: This Will Be (natalie cole)

And Fi told me last night he wants to somehow incorporate Make You Feel My Love (piano version)... Where the H*** am i gonna put that!?!?

• Options
    Mothers/BMs processional:Canon in D by Brian Crain

Bride: Endless Love by Lionel Richie

Unity Candle music: God Gave me You by Blake Shelton

Recessional: Let's stay together  by Al Green
  • Options
    For the enterance of the wedding party, probably "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perry instrumental just strings and piano
    For the unity candle part, my younger and sister (who sing AMAZING) are singing "When You Got A Good Thing" by Lady Anetbellum
  • Options

Processional and Bride-Over the Rainbow-IZ
    First song-I won't give up-Jason Mraz

• Options
    Ill be walking down the isle to string quartet version of warmness on the soul by avenged sevenfold, its beautiful.
  • Options
    My bridal party will walk to "How you live" Point of Grace. I will walk to "How could I ask for more" Cindy Morgan. It's perfect considering a long illness I've dealt with I what we've been through. As a surprise to almost everyone, after we are introduced, they will be treated to James Brown. "I feel good."
  • Options
    wedding party: either "i can, i will, i do" by tony lucca OR "i'm yours" by the script
    processional: "a thousand years" by christina perri
    recessional: "you're the one" by tyrone wells
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_what-songs-are-you-using-for-your-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:a966dd79-a5b0-4059-a0bf-73a1fc9d0b1aPost:ac110147-f0b9-4294-b5a0-c8b68a0c6752">Re: What songs are you using for your ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am planning on walking down to an instrumental version of "Tale as old as Time" from Beauty and the Beast.  Another song I have been considering is "Window to the Past" from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  My fiance and I want what we love to be mixed into our wedding without it being noticed really.  Just mixing it in so the guest do not realize what it really is, so that it is still classy.
    Posted by BrittKnee42[/QUOTE]

<div>I had wanted to do the beauty and the beast thing but FI had vetod it. 
    I love that youre having that and throwing harry potter in there :) </div>
  • Options
    We're having plaid as one of our colors, so we're going a little strange with our songs. 
    Processional: The Blood of Cu Chulainn (its from Boondock Saints)
    Recessional: Dancing with Mrs. White by Great Big Sea

If we have something where we need a song during the ceremony, we might to Love and Some Verses by Iron and Wine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Moms/BM: "Slipping Through My Fingers" from Mamma Mia. Bride: "I See the Light" from Tangled. Haven't decided on a recessional but I'm leaning towards "This Will Be" by Natalie Cole. All of these will be piano arrangements.
  • Options
    For BM I'm think something a little more traditional/classical.

What I would like to the bridal entrance is "Return To Innocence" by Enigma.

But its still undecided as it's not a romantic/bridal/wedding type song, but I feel like it is expressive of each of as individuals as well as joining our lives into one. Plus I feel like it really fits in with our reception site - outdoors surrounded by nature.

We haven't decided on a recessional song yet, though FI suggested (jokingly) the funeral march lol So yeah we're still trying to figure out this one.

How did everyone else decide on their songs?
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards