Military Brides
Options

first time posting!!

Hey all.....well...I will probably be spending a lot of time here the next few years...my Navy bf proposed to me a few days ago, unfortunately he will be stationed overseas in a couple months and will be there for 3 years!!  He wants to get married as soon as he returns.  It is great to listen to how you all handle the distance....it will be so hard....  I like knowing that there are others in the same position.  I am also new to the military scene so I appreciate al the advice that you share...!!!

Re: first time posting!!

• Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it's awesome that you guys are waiting until after the distance! It'll be super fun when you get to visit him!

Congrats on your engagement!

I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what Stan said!! My Hubby has spent the last year in Japan, with another year to go. I went a visited for my birthday last year, and we had an amazing time. Kudos to you for waiting till after he gets back!! So many young couples don't wait. Best of Luck!! We're all here if you need anything!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and Welcome!
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much for all the support.....we have talked about it many times and we both want to take our time and "do it right"....besides, visiting him in Italy will be fabulous!!  I am just so glad to have finally found the man I will be with the rest of my life...has been a rough few years.   I joined the Knot in 2008 when I was dating a guy and we started talking about getting engaged....unfortunately I came home from work and found him dead from an unknown heart condition....I was wondering if I was ever going to find happiness again and this man has surpassed anything I could have dreamed of....He is my best friend in the world.   I am sure I will be visiting this board often just to hear from other ladies in the same position....thanks for the congrats..I am still glowing!!!  
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you found happiness, and you're right, visiting Italy will be awesome!
    I hate Dave Ramsey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards