Wedding date drama
So we are supposed to get married on the 18th of June. It's actually a convalidation, we are catholic. Anyway it's the 1 year anniversary of our JOP. So we really like this date. We actually picked the day for our JOP planning that we could have our marriage blessed on a Saturday the next year...Now they're telling him that they can't promise that he'll be able to get off. I feel like if we keep our date it's a little like playing chicken with the navy. I might lose my mind worrying about it. However my husband thinks we should just go for it. We could move it to August but that's a month before we are set to rotate. We could move it to May. Most likely that would be fine, but again things shift. Should we wait until we get to his shore duty? The problem with this is we would like to have a baby ASAP after he rotates so he can be home for the whole process. Thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.