Military Brides
Options

How would one handle this situation? (Wedding Gift related...)

So, many of our gifts had no name/cards attached to them. A lot of cards were snatched from them and put in our card cage in fear of them getting lost, but now we don't know who got us what on about 50% of the gifts :/ We need to start on the TY cards this weekend, and have no idea how to go about addressing this issue! Should we just thank them in general?

"Dear Aunt TheirNameHere,
Thank you so much for being there for us on our special day... blah blah blah..."

MIL thinks we should ask people what they got us... ummmm no. Not everyone had a gift, so we would hate to offend anyone.

Did any of you have this issue? What did you do?

Re: How would one handle this situation? (Wedding Gift related...)

• Options
    On man. I didn't have that issue. Honestly, we got one gift and it was given to us before the wedding. Everyone else gave us cash and checks. That's a tough situation. Did any of the gifts come with gift receipts? Or something from the registry that is like a receipt?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_would-one-handle-this-situation-wedding-gift-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:52e34496-a791-4d37-bebb-e4204af6a4f4Post:213b6ab1-1adf-4d83-ada8-1dc0c204d1c6">Re: How would one handle this situation? (Wedding Gift related...)</a>:
    [QUOTE]On man. I didn't have that issue. Honestly, we got one gift and it was given to us before the wedding. Everyone else gave us cash and checks. That's a tough situation. Did any of the gifts come with gift receipts? Or something from the registry that is like a receipt?
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

That's the issue. The ones that came with receipts/from the registry came with names on them! All of the non registry items have no names/receipts! We received 11 gifts, and 6 of them have no name! Arg!
  • Options
    Oh no! Anyway you could figure them out through word of mouth? Maybe a family member knows what another family member got you?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Go wth what you originally stated.
    " Thank you so much for being there to celebrate our big day with us! It meant so much to be able to see you and have your support during this amazing life journey... We hoped you enjoyed the wedding. Thank you again!" 
    Or some variation of that. 
    We had to do that with a couple people. They won't be offended... Stuff happens. They probably won't even notice that you didn't put the gift in the thank you. 

• Options
    OH, and... I had to return of the gifts that had no name on it :( We had no choice, it was a different dinnerware set then what we registered for, and we already have pieces of that set :/ CRUMMYYYY. Thanks, FTL! we will just go that route.
  • Options
    We had that happen with like 3 gifts, so I just really generic "Thanks for being there with us on our day" notes.  HTH
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh that sucks. I would make a generic TY card as well. "Thank you for everything!" covers all bases. ;)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards