Military Brides

What is on YOUR Christmas list?

What are you hoping to get for Christmas?

What are you giving your man? What are you giving your parents? What are you giving your in laws?

I'm going to start with the Christmas questions now. Since im pretty much in love with this time of year!
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: What is on YOUR Christmas list?

• LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm hoping to get a dust buster from my parents. When the hell did I get so old. I always get excited to see what my dad gets me. My parents still give us Santa gifts but my dad researches a new piece of jewelry or art work every year for my mom and I. One year he even adopted me an African elephant! My students got to get updates throughout the year. It was awesome! I'm giving H that external hard drive someone mentioned on here. I'm also going to give him practical stuff like jumper cables, clothes, socks, and I think I'll get him a play station game. I'm getting my parents and in laws a digital picture frame with all the wedding pictures on it. I thoug that was a cute idea!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent out our wish lists a week ago to everyone, I am hopeing to get everything on it! lol I guess for H, I'd really love diamond earrings or a Kindle Fire. While we were out shopping on Black Friday, he left me and bought  a couple of things and would not let me see them! I am just sooo anxious and so excited for it! He's always so sneaky! H already has his very early present which was the gun we bought a few weeks ago, he's been wanting and it was quite expensive so we decided it would be his one big present this year but I am still getting him stocking stuffers, he's doing the same for me too. I will probably include bullets for his gun, movies, See's and Godivatruffles(he loves them, but there aren't any stores here so I'll have to order online!), and whatever else I end up thinking about. 

For our ILs, we got them a new digital camera since the one they had broke earlier this year and we are also giving them some cash, there are some things in their house that really need repairs and will cost a ton of money, H and I have been feeling bad about it and they've always given us such nice things so this is our way of giving back. 

I am not sure yet what we are getting my parents, it's always so difficult especially for my dad! We never know what to get! 
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh I'm not sure what I want yet! Probably books....I want a Bluetooth but that's boring. And a fancy coffee grinder we didn't get off our registry!

I'm thinking of getting H a knife (also off our registry). He's tough to shop for and we're putting a budget on it this year.

Parents are getting wedding albums and something else, that I haven't determined yet. I'm terrible at Christmas shopping....trying to take advantage of some Cyber Monday deals this morning!!
  • edited December 2011
    I want a garnet right hand ring.  I have always wanted one.  I sent H link so we will see and I find some really cute "jammies" so here is hoping for those too.  Since H is gone he as been the worst to shop for.  I got him a new small camera with a larger memory card and some books and of course two boxes of goddies. 

In-laws we are getting them some BBQ from this really great place that ships.  For my mom, no idea. 
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really have no idea what I want for Christmas.  H and my parents both keep asking me, and I really can't think of anything I want.  H and I are really bad that we usually just buy what we want so it makes Christmas hard.  I think my parents are just going to give us money or gift cards because it's easier with traveling.  Also that's probably what I would want most (cash or gift cards for like Lowe's) because i know we'll be buying a million things for the house.

H will be gone before Christmas so we will get what he wants before he goes.  All along he has been wanting a new laptop to take on deployment.  His is really old and slow, and it has horrible quality for Skype when he is gone.  But of course he wants one that can support his games and stuff, which is like minimum $700.  Now he is holding off because of buying the house, so we'll see if he still wants it before he leaves.

We were supposed to get my prents a Keurig but my mom went and bought one last week (I get my impatience from them).  So I think we are getting them a K-cup carousel and a bunch of coffee.

We don't do gifts with my FIL or even see him on Christmas.  For my MIL and H's side of the family we just draw a name from everyone and buy 1 gift.  Last year H and I just did 1 gift between the 2 of us because he wasn't here then either.

Hike, yay for the external hard drive!  That was me who said it, because H loves his!  I'm not sure if you have a Sam's Club or BJ's Membership, but we had got ours at Costco and got a really good deal.  It is 1TB and came with a case for it, and it was $99.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    - I want clothes.And a piece to add to my jewelry collection that he is building :P I'm easy... H knows to just.. go to my Pinterest style board and pick something. haha
    I also wanta  vacuum but not from him. I think my mom is going to buy it for us. 

- H is easy.. he likes funky gadgets, video games, blu rays, and anything REI (backpacking stuff) so yeah... I have a lot to pick and choose from for him.

-I'm not getting my mom anything. THe past three years we have sent her Christmas and birthday gifts and don't get so much as a card. She can be really selfish.. and I will be SHOCKED if she ACTUALLY gets us the vacuum.. so eff it this year. 
    H's parents are going to get an album and something else.. not sure what. BIL will get something trekky. I have a few different things saved online that I need to choose from. SIL will probably get somethign Sephora or Hello Kitty because that's all she loves. 
    My aunt will get ... idk. something from william sonoma or pottery barn, but not sure what yet. She's difficult. 
    mmmhmm. That's about it. 
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    FI and I have agreed not to buy gifts, we said that the puppy is our Christmas gift to each other, but I'm going to cheat since what I want to get is a gift for both of us.  I know he won't buy me anything, but that's seriously because he has absolutely no money right now and is worried about paying for rent next summer while he studies for the bar.  Someday he'll make it worth my while, I keep telling myself.  Next Christmas/birthday when he has income, he better spoil me!

I'm going to buy us a fire pit (clicky) so we can enjoy it in our backyard!  I'm pretty excited about it!

My wish list for my parents included an iPhone, a new laptop (wishful thinking), a new digital camera, and running socks and shorts.  I'll probably get one of the bigger items and both the socks & shorts.

My parents refuse to let us get them a gift, so we're baking them cookies and breads.  Same goes for FI's family - we're dead broke this year, so they're all getting baked goods.  I'm also making custom ornaments out of gingerbread, like the one I sent Sami last year.  Hopefully they like them, but if they complain that we're cheap... well, too bad.  We're cheap because we're broke. 

For FI's niece, we're sending a bunch of baby books and bath toys.  She's really the only one getting a 'gift' this year.  My brother & his girlfriend are getting a board game called Munchkin that we played in Costa Rica (FI and I own it) and they loved it - it's $30, so not that bad.

Anniversary

• ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    From my mom she already bought me some christmas decorations since I needed some and my sister did as well. Us kids dont exchange anymore since there are 5 nieces and nephews to buy for. My sister buys a gift for me and my other brother since we buy for her children. I really want a kindle fire. I think I might get h a home theater system. I might get the sound bar type since it will be perfect for our apartment. I have no clue what to get my parents. My sisters girls are getting lion king blu ray and a game for the wii they will be getting. I have no clue what I am getting my brothers kids yet.
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh best buy had the sound bar on sale for $99 today, down from $125 so I just bought it!
  • edited December 2011
    For me, since the wedding is a week away from Christmas, I've told everyone I know not to get us anything. We will already be getting so many gifts, and to add Christmas gifts on top of that seems like way too much money. So, what I want for Christmas is whatever is on our registry! :)

As for FI and I, his Christmas gift/Wedding gift is the Xbox and cufflinks. I do not know what I will be getting from him, since I already have everything I want or need.

The families are all getting the same thing from us for Christmas. Since FI is a Dental student, everyone is getting fancy toothbrushes/toothpastes/mouthwashes lol! I can't think of what else to put in their gifts, so that is still up in the air, but so far, we have 48 gift bags of those items. It's gonna be hilarious!
  • divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From FI I'd like jewelry, but that probably won't happen. I know that from me he's getting one of those pappasan chairs because he's talked about wanting one forever, and I have a 10% off coupon to World Market. I really want the West Wing boxset and an immersion blender, and probably other stuff once I get out and look.

My Mom is probably getting a Home Depot gift card, she loves that place, and her husband is probably getting bourbon. My Dad is impossible to shop for, so probably slippers and something else a little bigger. My grandmother will say she doesn't want anything, so probably flowers and doing some yard work for her. As for his fam, I know we're going to have to cut back this year, I think last year he spent at least $300 on each of them, which would blow our budget more than completely. So we have to think a little smaller, which I keep telling him that they'll understand, he's not on his own with nothing to save for this year, and I hope they'll like whatever we get them.
  • edited December 2011
    I am in love with the store pink, I love almost everything in that store. So i'm hoping to get some yoga pants and cute matching top! Or sweats from there or just anything(:

I'm making my FI a scrapbook of him and his buddies in the Marines, i'm focusing it mostly on him and what he's acomplished so far(: I also bought him converse since he like loves those shoes! Plus a couple new outfits and still looking for what else to get!

I'm making my parents a video slideshow of their wedding, with their wedding song, going into my sister being born and then just her growing up with two songs she picked out, then the same for my brother and myself. Then it's going to be all of us together growing up, and the last song will be of my nephew (parent's only grandchild) from when he was born up to now. Then I bought my mom a snowman she fell in love with and a 'mother' braclet and my dad hunting socks and gloves!

I got my FFL those boxes that you can stack then take down and put inside eachother, anyone know what I mean? haha. Anyways it looks like a penguin and it's three boxes. I'm going to put his favorite candy in the top one, his favorite cookie in the middle, and his favorite cake in the bottom! He try's to only eat sweets on holidays but absolutely loves sweets! Then my FMIL a snowman platter, she loves platters and snowmen(: As a together gift for then I got a personalized snowman ornament from personalizationmall.com and put all their kids names on it and their names at the bottom.(:
  • ZeldakinsZeldakins member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I really want anything this year but SO insisted and apparently he already recieved the gift and is going to deliver it personally the next time he comes around. Also he's taking me out to the Nutcracker ballet!  :D 

As for him....well, I truly have no idea. I have to stay on a budget for sure with all these gifts and it's tough to even set a price range when I have no idea what he might want. I've asked him if there's anyting in particular that he's been eyeing but no luck. :/ 

My brother's are getting handmade hats and my parents....well I'll think of something later. I was thinking of making them a nice key holder to put in the foyer and maybe a wreath for the door, but I'd give it to them WAY before Christmas
    here is the key holder- clicky     
    and are the wreaths (I'd like some input on these :D)- clicky and click  

And my baby brother (he's 9, but still the baby :P) insists on me making our dog a sweater, so that's also on my to-do list. :)

• edited December 2011
    Ugh, I have no idea what I want........ aaaaaand I have no idea what I am getting FI or pretty much everyone else, too.... 

I love Christmas, but I hate trying to figure out gifts. I need to be better about keeping up with things people mention that they want next year. 

I'm thinking about taking FI rock climbing, or doing dance lessons (so we can work on our wedding dancing!)... because we're so far apart, I'd rather spend money on something that we will do together, rather than buying him something- I think he'd appreciate the time spent together more than something else, kwim?

We got FFIL a digi pic frame from us and his siblings (it was costly!) and we're going to load it with a ton of pics of all of us. I'm making FMIL a calendar with my scrapbooking software. She wouldn't know how to do a digital frame, bless her heart. Have no clue what to do for any of our siblings or my parents. EEEK
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • melbelle24melbelle24 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm always terrible at coming up with things to put on my Christmas wish list... This year I actually managed to come up with 2 big things... I want a spoiler for my still semi-new car (I got it in August) and a Northface jacket. I'm going to get FI a xbox kinect and probably a new game or something. I want to get my parents tickets to a Jimmy Buffett concert, but I have to talk my sister into helping. I have no idea what to get my future in-laws. Maybe I'll just let FI handle that.
  • edited December 2011
    Yay ggirl! 
    I just bought H a sound system too.. haha.. Amazong had a 100 buck one on sale for 70 and it's a surround sound so yay! It's just for his computer.. not for the tv so I think he'll be pleased since he was just looking at 20 buck logitec speakers. 

Also, Heads up to everyone! Troopswap has a freebee 25% off of NFLshop.com... thought I would let you guys know in case anyone is buying some sports gear for gifts. I'm getting H a Seahawks tee so this was perfect timing for me. It's good until Dec 1. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'd actually be ok with not getting a whole lot this year.  My mother and FI's family has been bothering me for a list though.  My list is mainly comprised of books.  Since I'll graduate on December 9th, I'll have a lot more time for reading books that don't have homework involved.  Other than that I asked for an ipod deck with speakers for use at work. and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia seasons on DVD.  That's about it.

FI and I haven't exchanged presents in about two years.  It seemed every year we asked each other how much we were spending.  It got to the point that FI would buy what I was going to get him before I could actually purchase it.  So since we were spending the same amount on each other we decided to just not do it.  I'd like to start buying each other presents after we're married though.

I make my mother a calendar every year on Snapfish.  It has pictures of our family and her friends, etc.  I have no idea what I'll get my father. He's tough to buy for.

FI is in charge of the FILs.  Which means they will probably get gift cards.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My parents: not sure yet. My mom has almost every color of fiesta dishes so we may get her a couple new ones
    His parents: Mom-perfume; Dad-Iowa State something (per his request)
    His sister and mine: perfumes 
    My brother: cologne
    FI: no clue haha. he won't give me any ideas 

I'm hoping to get a new Coach purse and new Ugg boots (FI put them in the wash and they kinda suck to wear now haha) otherwise anything from the registries would be nice

• edited December 2011
    zim you guys know what they like as far as fragrance goes, or are you guessing? Risky... I don't think I would ever trust myself to buy a smell for someone else since I'm so picky myself haha
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_christmas-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:55e26bc0-ccbc-4a55-8a7f-17c1b87be002Post:52b13d62-55ec-4c60-a802-e47d4462883a">Re: What is on YOUR Christmas list?</a>:
    [QUOTE]zim you guys know what they like as far as fragrance goes, or are you guessing? Risky... I don't think I would ever trust myself to buy a smell for someone else since I'm so picky myself haha
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]
    They're through my Arbonne job and they all like them haha (didn't want to initially say Arbonne brand because I don't want to sound like a vendor). They didn't want to spend that much though and my brother loves his cologne and wants to get another because it's only available around Christmas so I got him another instead.<div>
    </div><div>I'm so stuck on FI though :(</div>
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_christmas-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:55e26bc0-ccbc-4a55-8a7f-17c1b87be002Post:d07785d2-a5f5-4aa5-b1ed-9aebb44d9d73">Re: What is on YOUR Christmas list?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My parents: not sure yet. My mom has almost every color of fiesta dishes so we may get her a couple new ones His parents: Mom-perfume; Dad-Iowa State something (per his request) His sister and mine:  perfumes  My brother: cologne FI: no clue haha. he won't give me any ideas  I'm hoping to get a new Coach purse and<strong> new Ugg boots (FI put them in the wash and they kinda suck to wear now haha</strong>) otherwise anything from the registries would be nice
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

<div>Why on earth did your FI put the boots in the wash?! I would be so mad at my H if he ever did that. He knows how much I love all my Uggs. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really have a Christmas list to be honest. There are a few things I'd like to have for the house but I really don't want anything. I'd like to have a Wii (my parents had one and I loved it) but thats really it.
    I'm hoping to get FI this Go Pro Hero 2 Camera he wants and he's been asking for new clothes. His birthday is right after Christmas so I'm probably going to get him some new tools he's been asking for. My parents are always hard to shop for, I think we are getting my dad some nice fisherman knives and who knows about my mom. I think we were debating on getting his parents web cams so we can skype but I dont know.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Just curious... do we have any Jewish posters?  Or anyone else who doesn't celebrate Christmas?

I do, but I'm just curious.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    What are you hoping to get for Christmas?
    I want EVERYTHING!! really, I hate telling people "I want this" but then I'm notoriously kind of disappointed.  I don't ever say "Ugh! That sucked!", but in my heart I'm still disappointed in the same way that I'm disappointed every year on my birthday when no one plans anything or anything (I WANT A SURPRISE PARTY DAMMIT!) that makes me sound totally bratty..  but I know it's my fault for not just coming out and saying "this is what I want".  We need some glasses, furniture (like we have 2 dressers, that's it.), I'm sure a million other things to have our first place together that I won't even think of until we need them.
    I know that for our anniversary H is getting me a VS Gift card and some other gift card since I've lost more than 30lbs now, pretty much nothing fits me, including my regular bra's so all I wear are sports bras. 

I made him a Thanks-Aversary-mas I Love you slide show, sent him a bunch of funny penguin things (he loves penguins) and A Christmas Story blu-ray.  He says he doesn't want anything so I'm going with that. He always buys himself things whenever he wants them which doesn't bother me except for around the holidays and his birthday.

My parents are getting a good set of knives since theirs all suck.   I got MIL an apron and a glass cutting board, and H is getting his dad something.  I think he's getting FIL a personalized retired CG throw blanket.. I'm getting my sister a new bible, and I got my niece a set of pearls.  H is getting my nephew a Marine Corps shirt.  He's 11, and H wants to get him this shirt that says "Death before Dishonor"... Umm Negative.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_christmas-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:55e26bc0-ccbc-4a55-8a7f-17c1b87be002Post:9e4d1698-8351-45e4-a726-172f43040f46">Re: What is on YOUR Christmas list?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is on YOUR Christmas list? : Why on earth did your FI put the boots in the wash?! I would be so mad at my H if he ever did that. He knows how much I love all my Uggs. 
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]
    I was an idiot and wore them in snow last year and they were really dirty. I figured eh why not they can't get much worse but now they fit funny. I was planning on getting new ones anyways but I'm so tight on money right now. I paid off the rest of my dress yesterday so I'm hoping he gets them for me for Christmas haha
  • tyleet87tyleet87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't planning on getting anyone anything but I started slowly buying things over the weekend. >.< I did buy my half sister a cake pop maker. She's into baking right now and it was only $20! (I might have bought one for myself too...)
    I bought my tiny cousins some bedtime story books that were 1/3 the original price.
    And I might have spent $50 on some new clothes from a cyber monday sale so I'm stating that it was my Christmas present to myself.

I REALLY wanted to get my FI a Disneyland pass but he leaves for MP school before the year would be up and they only honor military deployment leaves. :( And I can't really justify or really come up with the money to buy him a mac book pro so I don't know what to do with him yet.

I want to try to get presents for just our immediate families but it's still quite a bit of people. My two parents, his parents, my other sister, and his two brothers... :/
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards