Military Brides

Excited!!

So I know this is so silly but my FI is in the AF and when we first discussed if he was going to wear his blues or not, I left it completely up to him. He decided against it, which I'm not going to lie, bummed me out. He looks soo good in his blues. Well yesterday he said he'd been thinking about it and would probably just wear his blues!! All of his groomsmen except for one are in the AF and so it would be easier for everyone :) I just had to share my excitement hahaha
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Excited!!

• edited December 2011
    Thats Great!

I'm glad he came to that decision on his own, I hate when girls push thier FI's to wear a uniform, or not wear a uniform, either way, I always think it should be thier decision!!
    Photobucket
  • DoubleE2012DoubleE2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree completely. The only thing I pushed uniform issue was I told him I wanted at least one E-pic with him in his blues. The rest could be his usual clothes. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank GOD you said blues. If you haven't already check out the post a few down about "EPics in Uniform" D-R-A-M-A. We're all past that now, since OP did apoligize for her attitude. So It's alllll good, but I'm sure it'll be interesting reading for you, like I said, if you haven't already read it.
    Photobucket
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sami - that girl apologized, but then continued being a brat, so I'm really done with the crazy little self-involved princess who thinks that rules don't apply to her because she's special.

Anyway, DoubleE, glad to hear you're both happy with what he's wearing!  People all the time ask me if my FI will wear his uniform for the wedding, and I just shrug.  And they say, "What do you mean?  You have everything else planned!"  And I say, "I wouldn't want him picking my dress, so I'm not going to tell him what he has to wear."

I do want some engagement photos in his dress blues, though!  That would be incredible!  I'll see - he has yet to buy his blues, but plans to this summer.  I'm guessing he'll love them so much that he wants to wear them for the ceremony, though I do think he'll probably change into a suit for the reception just to be comfortable!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Yay for another AF Bride. My FI is also in the AF and he knew right away he wanted to wear is Mess Dress because he loves it, and its convenient.

Look forward to hearing more of your plans! :D
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_excited-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5b2c46cc-7abf-4d85-aafa-4c2eacc16c71Post:b80bdcc8-f73e-4b5c-92e8-2680b2d75d8c">Re: Excited!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sami - that girl apologized, but then continued being a brat, so I'm really done with the crazy little self-involved princess who thinks that rules don't apply to her because she's special. Anyway, DoubleE, glad to hear you're both happy with what he's wearing!  People all the time ask me if my FI will wear his uniform for the wedding, and I just shrug.  And they say, "What do you mean?  You have everything else planned!"  And I say, "I wouldn't want him picking my dress, so I'm not going to tell him what he has to wear." I do want some engagement photos in his dress blues, though!  That would be incredible!  I'll see - he has yet to buy his blues, but plans to this summer.  I'm guessing he'll love them so much that he wants to wear them for the ceremony, though I do think he'll probably change into a suit for the reception just to be comfortable!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

<div>C - Have you thought about asking him to wear Charlies or Deltas in the e-pics if there's any chance he'll wear his blues at the wedding? Then it'll be even more special! Or his service uniform, which I (obviously) think looks great!</div><div>
    </div><div>OP - Yay for him making the choice you hoped for AND making it easier on his groomsmen!</div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stan - I'll suggest a uniform and let him pick it.  I think he's going to be excited about the Blues, is all, since he's saved up a lot to be able to buy them.  We already have some stunning pictures with him in his Bravos from OCS graduation - non-professional, but still some of my favorites.  Maybe a few in his Charlies, but we'll see!  Whatever he wants.

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_excited-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5b2c46cc-7abf-4d85-aafa-4c2eacc16c71Post:cfc947fa-1f89-4628-a88c-355f4d200056">Re: Excited!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stan - I'll suggest a uniform and let him pick it.  I think he's going to be excited about the Blues, is all, since he's saved up a lot to be able to buy them.  We already have some stunning pictures with him in his Bravos from OCS graduation - non-professional, but still some of my favorites.  Maybe a few in his Charlies, but we'll see!  Whatever he wants.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>FI loves his DB Alphas, but he was super against wearing them for anything but the wedding because he wants to save the specialness or some such thing. I've seen him in them at least once a year (obvs), but that's what he's been babbling about. It's just something for Mr. Calindi to think about, especially if he's getting them close to the wedding (they are expensive, FI joined before they issued them to the E side, and I looked at  O ones a while ago. Yowza)!</div><div>
    </div><div>Sorry for the post jack OP!

</div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    I can see why you would have been bummed, and am glad he is wearing his blues!! My Hubby wore his as well 29 yrs ago, and my daughters FI doesn't want to wear his :(  instead he wants to wear a zoot suite. I am just going to miss them , I live 1100 miles away as it is and then he received orderes to Germany, which is better than Afganastan where they were going to send him for his 5th tour. Looking @ it as we r going to have some great vaca's instead :)

Just have to ask what part of NE Ohio, I was born and raised in NE Ohio.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_excited-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5b2c46cc-7abf-4d85-aafa-4c2eacc16c71Post:09dfb868-4251-4145-be5a-89e6bc3ee87b">Re: Excited!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can see why you would have been bummed, and am glad he is wearing his blues!! My Hubby wore his as well 29 yrs ago, and my daughters FI doesn't want to wear his :(  instead he wants to wear a zoot suite. I am just going to miss them , I live 1100 miles away as it is and then he received orderes to Germany, which is better than Afganastan where they were going to send him for his 5th tour. Looking @ it as we r going to have some great vaca's instead :)
    Posted by mob2689[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Gah! I hate zoot suits! :( Punks war them to be anti-government in WWII. </div><div>
    </div><div>You'll have great visits with your daughter!</div><div>
    </div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    I agree Wish!!  Thug suites is what I want to call 'em. 

They are having a retro kinda of wedding but NOTHING is better than dress blues when they are in the AF :)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_excited-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5b2c46cc-7abf-4d85-aafa-4c2eacc16c71Post:f3d83c5c-2c2b-4a62-87d2-9dc236d01890">Re: Excited!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree Wish!!  Thug suites is what I want to call 'em.  They are having a retro kinda of wedding but NOTHING is better than dress blues when they are in the AF :)
    Posted by mob2689[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>The retro part makes it even worse because then it IS a throwback to what they meant then! *Stan [me] runs around in circles grumbling about zuit suits* </div><div>
    </div><div>We're actually haveing a retro/vintage wedding too, with the groom in MC Dress Blues, the MOH in AF Mess Dress, a groomsman in Army Dress Blues, and a groomsman in AF Mess Dress, and we specifically picked tuxes for the civilian groomsmen rather than picking their own because we were afraid his brothers would pick America hating zoot suits. 

</div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_excited-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:5b2c46cc-7abf-4d85-aafa-4c2eacc16c71Post:383e0fd8-8552-46c8-98be-dd29f3651a7b">Re: Excited!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Excited!! :  
    We're actually haveing a retro/vintage wedding too, with the groom in MC Dress Blues, the MOH in AF Mess Dress, a groomsman in Army Dress Blues, and a groomsman in AF Mess Dress, and we specifically picked tuxes for the civilian groomsmen rather than picking their own because we were afraid his brothers would pick America hating zoot suits. 
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]
     That will look so beautiful!! :)  I love a "true" military wedding : ) :)

The only one U will be missing is the Navy! My dear freinds son is a Lt. in the Navy if he wasn't "out and about"  I would see about fullfilling that missing link for you :) J/K
  • DoubleE2012DoubleE2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uhm originally from the Cleveland area. Now i'm more out in Youngstown!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My finace is wearing his Navy Chief whites. He looks hot! I can't wait to see it in 20 days on our wedding day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards