Military Brides
Options

Ideas for outdoor space?

So FI and I are about 4 months out from the big day. The ceremony is being held at a regional park overlooking the river. The area where we're having it is a very open space. I'd really like to somehow close it in a little bit so it doesn't feel so open, and have a more intimate feel. Nothing huge like having a tent or anything like that. Just something simple like posts in the ground with thule draped between them or something.

Any ideas?

Re: Ideas for outdoor space?

• Options
    Wouldn't the rows of chairs bring it in? Or do you mean the reception also?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I suppose the rows of chairs would bring it in. I was thinking of something to go along the outer rows of chairs, or do you think that would be too much? It's hard for me to picture this in my head and how it will look. Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much, which could be very possible at this point!
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    We're having topiaries to frame our altar - maybe you could do potted trees all around the ceremony with fairy lights or tulle draped between them?

ETA:

Seating in the round might make a more intimate environment, too!

Anniversary

• Options
    People also do those shephard hooks with lanterns or pom poms on them...maybe you could stake some in the ground on the "edges" of the area? 

Linky andd this made me giggle because from the website: 

Most often, shepherds’ hooks are used to line the ceremony aisle, but they can also be used around the edge to help define the area of the ceremony in outdoor weddings, particularly in large open areas. Bingo!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards