Military Brides
Options

Awesome Custom Military Garters

I just found this site where you can choose between tan and navy and then of course the military branch! Going to order one for my friend and surprise her. Think she'll love it! Any other custom military emblems out there?

http://www.bridalelements.com/military-garter-p-24319.html

Re: Awesome Custom Military Garters

• Options
    edited December 2011
    As long as it's her style...

FWIW: I would never wear something like that, even if it were a gift. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey I am in the military and I love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! and yea, I think it's really her style.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These are a bit more expensive than the ones you like but IMO they're cuter!

http://www.gartersbygingersnap.com/militarypatriotic.html

But those are adorable too. If I hadn't already bought mine from this website I would have considered that one.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Super cute idea!  Not my style but thanks for posting!  I'm sure there are a few ladies who will acutally appreciate it and not post their snotty comment.  FWIW those comments are worth nothing.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_awesome-custom-military-garters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:63947ae3-f43f-4521-8018-c755f36b8cf6Post:c0547a64-e884-4661-a686-5d6db98f3688">Re: Awesome Custom Military Garters</a>:
    [QUOTE]Super cute idea!  Not my style but thanks for posting!  I'm sure there are a few ladies who will acutally appreciate it and not post their snotty comment.  FWIW those comments are worth nothing.
    Posted by TeamBaby[/QUOTE]

Well, those comments weren't snotty... they were opinions. Which people are allowed to have, even if they don't go hand in hand with yours. There was one comment saying she herself wouldn't wear it, which is her own choice, but to get it if it was her friends style. The OP said she thought her friend would love it, which is what matters, right. I take her post to be something she wants to share for others, more than asking for advice on if she should get it or not. If you think the comments are worth nothing, then treat them as such and keep on reading.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David's Bridal has them as well.  They are just the regular basic camo on the band, then the emblem of whichever branch.  We bought one as our throw garter, and it was cute.  I wore a regular pink one, but we thought it was cute.  We didn't do a whole lot with the military in our wedding.  DH wore a tux instead of his white, but we had the military people wear their uniforms (we had 3 in dress whites and a friend in the Army dress uniform).  Then we had the garter.  Its definitely not everyone's style, but if you like it then its cute. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that idea. My FI is National Guard and so far other than patriotic theme (red white and blue color theme) I havn't found  another way to incororate what he does.
    Another website that has a ton of cute military items is Cafepress.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    David's Bridal has those garters PLUS they have a matching ring pillow and flower girl basket all witht he emblems on them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards