Possibly changing my wedding date...help!
So my fiance (in the Navy) and I have been engaged for about 2 and a half years and are finally supposed to tie the knot on June 18, 2011, a date that his CO told him he would definitely be able to get off for. Then he found out he had a two week training deployment that got back the morning of our wedding in Norfolk (10 hrs from where we're getting married). His CO came up to him about two weeks ago and told him that he probably can't get off for our wedding and that when the leave papers go up to the captain, he is recommending that they get denied. Recently the SO has apparently taken his side and is trying to help him get off for the wedding, but we're not sure what will happen. As my fiance is on deployment until January, I can't even talk to him about it to see if they've been making any progress. I'm holding off with all planning, but I've already booked almost everything! What do I do? Should I notify all the vendors about a possible date change or wait til I hear back for certain? What happens if they tell us it's fine and then at the last minute change it again?! ahh please help! I'm stressing out!
This discussion has been closed.