Military Brides

Whoa O.O

FMIL is coming to visit this weekend....whatdoido, whatdoido, whatdoido?!?!?! (runs around in circles)

ETA: Time is going by WAAAAYYY too fast. O.o

Re: Whoa O.O

• Two words...College football.  HAAA

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whoa-oo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7400c83f-5f63-4e16-aebc-a1a64b91d02cPost:1ce45a33-cd8a-483f-9422-baef200c8b83">Re: Whoa O.O</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two words...College football.  HAAA
    Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]
    If only!!! :( We don't have a TV yet!! :'( WAAAAHHHHH
  • Booo...then Sports Bar Laughing
  • Guess I'll be in downtown then lol :)
  • Where's she from? Has she been to SA before? 

I'd totally do a little of the Riverwalk, but in this heat you're not going to want to walk for too long. Maybe take one of those boat tours, I always think they look really fun and they're a great way to see downtown. FI and I keep meaning to do one. You could do that and dinner, maybe look around at that big market they have down there. 

Also, because this is my default, maybe pedicures? I'd just look up some salons on Yelp (people in SA love Yelp, there are always tons of reviews). 
  • OMG! Are you in SA? So much fun..don't just sit around doing nothing all weekend!

Go to the rivier walk, The Alamo, so much history, if I remember correctly not to far from the riverwalk is a beautiful Catholic church. Even if you aren't Catholic I am pretty sure that is one of the prettiest churches in SA. Maybe because it was just outside the convention center (where I went to during dog shows when I was there) but the Tower of America's park area is a lot of fun., and worth the money to go up and and see the city from so high up. That is always my favorite part of going to SA. They have a really nice restuarant up there, and it always has been way out of our price range, but I am sure for a nice lunch it is probably good.

I was just about to post but remembered, little mexico. I don't remember what it is actually called, but there is a fun shopping area a short buss ride from the river walk that has mexican shops and really good mexican food. OMGoodness so much fun going through the shops and seeing all the stuff.

Gahh!! Now I really want togo to SA again.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whoa-oo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:7400c83f-5f63-4e16-aebc-a1a64b91d02cPost:ea9dfe1e-c6f7-4a3c-b46e-8375d5fe3aa0">Re: Whoa O.O</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where's she from? Has she been to SA before?  I'd totally do a little of the Riverwalk, but in this heat you're not going to want to walk for too long. Maybe take one of those boat tours, I always think they look really fun and they're a great way to see downtown. FI and I keep meaning to do one. You could do that and dinner, maybe look around at that big market they have down there.  Also, because this is my default, maybe pedicures? I'd just look up some salons on Yelp (people in SA love Yelp, there are always tons of reviews). 
    Posted by divinemsbee[/QUOTE]

I think she has been, but not for a while now. And, we'd be going in the late afternoon/evening. I haven't even been to the riverwalk, so I think we'll definitely have to do that. :) I've also never had a pedicure done before />.> lol

[QUOTE]OMG! Are you in SA? So much fun..don't just sit around doing nothing all weekend!

Go to the rivier walk, The Alamo, so much history, if I remember correctly not to far from the riverwalk is a beautiful Catholic church. Even if you aren't Catholic I am pretty sure that is one of the prettiest churches in SA. Maybe because it was just outside the convention center (where I went to during dog shows when I was there) but the Tower of America's park area is a lot of fun., and worth the money to go up and and see the city from so high up. That is always my favorite part of going to SA. They have a really nice restuarant up there, and it always has been way out of our price range, but I am sure for a nice lunch it is probably good.

I was just about to post but remembered, little mexico. I don't remember what it is actually called, but there is a fun shopping area a short buss ride from the river walk that has mexican shops and really good mexican food. OMGoodness so much fun going through the shops and seeing all the stuff.

Gahh!! Now I really want togo to SA again.[/QUOTE]

Yuppp, I'm about to finish up my third week here and honestly I'm starting to like it :) I've been to a little church near downtown, I think it was the San Fernando Cathedral? While it was small, I definitely thought it was just precious. Didn't get to see the inside though...some lame person had a wedding rehearsal going on. What a LAME-O :P

I think I'm gonna hold the tower of the america's off until FI and I's anniversary :) (of course that's just a thought right now, cause I'm not sure where to go/what to do)

GAHHH!!! :D LITTLE MEXICO??!!! 8D I'm definitely going to have to go there!!!

P.S. CAB, I'm only dizzy with hunger noowww D:
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    http://www.sanantonio.gov/marketsquare/

And if you are going to eat there... go to Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery....OMG. I don't remember how authentic or good the mexican food was, but the Bakery is great... and the margaritas are fantastic (obvi I can't remember the food)!! Plus it is just so festive, it is great!

Yes that is the church! So cute on the inside!! A few times I have gone to mass at the Cathedral they had Mariachi bands during mass... and well that just makes it a lot of fun!  Even if it isn't someting you do this weekend, it is an experience and something fun to do while you are in SA.

Photobucket
  • Again...COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! Haaaa Can you tell I am excited?

Really I think the River Walk is a great idea.  I have not been in years but I remember I loved it there.  What about a mani and pedi and then a nice lunch and shopping?
  • Definitely going to have to check out the market square :D Idk if I'll do that this weekend..but SOON. And next weekend I get to go home to pick up a couple of things that I forgot on the initial move...like a TV and microwave...my swiffer, a couple of odds and ends and the like. :) Then it's back here to enjoy the company of FI and hopefully visit his sister (She owns a really sweet bar in the Marble Falls area) ;D

Besides owning the bar, she's super duper awesome and nice to me. :) ALWAYS a good thing.

Crown: I definitely wanna try out the mani pedi like on Sunday...but as far as Saturday goes, I think we'll be at the Riverwalk area around the bars. So yeaaaa, that means COLLEGE FOOTBALL!! lol :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards