Military Brides
Options

Wednesday...

What's everyone's week like so far?

As for me, I've finally, officially changed my name. FINALLY. What a PITA. Also, we had an earthquake yesterday, skurry. Today I am handing over my life savings (exaggerating) for the Nicaragua trip. My H will be gone all weekend for some training for the trip, and that makes me sad because he's going to miss my birthday :( Oh well, I didn't want to count this years birthday, anyway!

That's my week, so far,  in a nutshell.

Re: Wednesday...

• Options
    Mine has been pretty tame. Just working, hitting the gym, and handling RSVPs coming in. Today marks one month until the big day [insert squeal]! I am sooo not looking forward to the hassle of changing my name.
  • Options
    Believe it or not, the DMV part of it was THE EASIEST! I was shocked at how quick and easy it was.

WOO HOO!!! One monthhhh!!!
  • Options

Work is stressful...Life is stressful...

FIs cousin is mad because her invite got lost in the mail. What am I supposed to say to that? "I'm sorry for the post office's incompetence." I understand that she is upset, but it wasn't anything personal.

FI's parents think it is stupid to send out invites to the RD (even through email), it should be all word of mouth.... They also think that all of their extended family that would be coming from out of town would get invited, but not my side of the extended family that has come in from out of town. Fine, whatever... but the Restaurant did ask for a head count...so I am a little confused as to how they expect to get that headcount.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Amanda, in my personal experience and opinion, sending invites to a RD IS a waste of time and money. H's mom FORCED me to make invites, and I gave out exactly 2 of them. One to my mom because she gets lost everywhere she goes, and one to my cousin. Everyone else met up at my house. It was 30 of us. If you do go the invite route, I got some from Vista Print that were awesome, and very very cheap. They even had the directions on the back of them, which was helpful for the 2 people that got one. I unfortunately have a stack at home of unused RD invites :/

Also, I got flack for putting cheaper postage on the RSVP envelopes. I was told by the post office that I only needed $.22 cents for them, because of the size and style of card I was using, but my SIL got "offended" and thought I was being cheap. She even added postage to it, even though I told her that everyone else's RSVP had been delivered to the house without any issues. Whatever, people are nerds, don't let it get to you.
  • Options
    Amanda- we did word of mouth. I'd be pissed in my inlays invited their out of town guests and not mine. That's rude
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cab: if your H does end up in.the military, think of this as practice. You will just gave to get used to it. H has been on deployment for my past 3 birthdays, 2 of his. And he'll be gone again this year. We've also.kissed anniversaries, christmases, thanksgivings, pretty much any celebration imagineable. My day is okay. Just at work..I would really like H to get back.because I miss him. Yes I am.being whiny:p, we had 6 months of being together almost everyday so I kinda need to get used to him being gone again. Although when they get back, he'll only be here for about a week then gone again. Oh Navy life.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:758943c4-4acb-4fa9-b866-6410fbc7cbdfPost:d4a42db5-7ff7-44e4-aa8d-ee6330ffacc6">Re:Wednesday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cab: <strong>if your H does end up in.the military, think of this as practice</strong>. You will just gave to get used to it. H has been on deployment for my past 3 birthdays, 2 of his. And he'll be gone again this year. We've also.kissed anniversaries, christmases, thanksgivings, pretty much any celebration imagineable. My day is okay. Just at work..I would really like H to get back.because I miss him. Yes I am.being whiny:p, we had 6 months of being together almost everyday so I kinda need to get used to him being gone again. Although when they get back, he'll only be here for about a week then gone again. Oh Navy life.
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

This is what I told him so that he wouldn't feel so bad about it. He feels awful, and shouldn't.

I'm sorry you're sad about H, Kara. That's so hard, I can't imagine it ever getting easier to have to be away from your H so much :(
  • Options
    He might even miss some births in the future. :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:758943c4-4acb-4fa9-b866-6410fbc7cbdfPost:9512d2e4-ad85-4124-af58-1ec95e1e373c">Re: Wednesday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]He might even miss some births in the future. :-)
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Which is why I need to pop them out NOW! Ha ha ha! :)
  • Options
    Oh holy hell. I am sorry for the million.typos but here comes my Kindle syndrome. Honestly, no it doesn't get any easier. I mean sure, you learn to cop better, but loneliness and sadness are still there. I guess after going through so much deployments in such a short period of time, I'm just a bit tired of it. And back to birthdays, I just make sure H gets me a killer gift every time he misses it! ;
  • Options

Thanks Ladies, FI and I had talked about just sending an email to everyone involved with the information in it, not actual hard copies of invites. After talking with FI, I guess I didn't realize it was my job to actually do that... I assumed when he offered to do the RD he was going to let people know about it.

CAB - after being long distance for most of our relationship, it never gets easy to say good-bye. Even just a week it is still hard. The part that it gets easier is the time you spend apart. For me, the week after FI leaves is the hardest and then i get into a routine and while I still miss him, it is easier to cope... I just go on with my day like normal...I mean... after 2 years... it is normal... haha.

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    That's why I am soooo glad I found this board, because when the day comes, I think I will be at least a little more prepared than a lot of woman in the same situation.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Oh yeah it totally sucks big time.  Basically H will miss everything this year due to deployment.  I have to say that I was ok the couple of days leading up to him leaving and thought I would have been fine at the airport then came the "ugly cry" so the last thing H saw when he got on the plane was a red faced, swollen eyed and snotty face girl.  Nice HUH?!?  To me this time was harder than when he left the 1st time.  Not sure why it just was.  Most days I am fine there are some times (NYE or Christmas) where it seems worse than others. 

I will have to that is was sort of werid with him being back since we were trying to work around each other and the dogs.  I have become used to just me and two dogs to worry about.  For the first couple of days he would scare me everytime I turned the corner of couse he didn't mean to but I just forgot about him being there.  HAA

• Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    And a Happy Hump Day to you all!

I'm worried that the puppy isn't going to remember FI when he comes home because FI's been gone roughly a quarter of the time we've had the puppy. Either that, or Archie's going to be really jealous. 

I'm a month out from my next trip home to see and meet with the venue and caterer and photographer. And buying my dress (assuming I don't see anything I just have to have here). And by that time the STDs will be sent. I'm excited but kind of in this state of stasis where I get up, go through my routine, knot for a while, sometimes go to work, and then eat dinner and watch my shows. I'm much better at living alone than I thought I'd be.
  • Options
    H is missing my graduation this May and I've been kind of bummed.   I feel like this is the first of the 'big events' that he's missing, and I know it's the first of many.  In a sad way, that kind of makes me feel better lol!  Since we were long distance, we were together for most holidays and often celebrated anniversaries or birthdays early/late.  Kara, I like your philosophy that missed b-days = awesomer gifts ;)

I worked today and am supposed to be in class now.  But I got home late from work and hadn't eaten lunch so I decided to skip rather than showing up late.  Now I feel kind of guilty. 
  • Options
    whhhhhhatttttttttt up!
    I'm at work... no big plans this week but I am volunteering on Sat. evening. H's paintball tourney was canceled for sat so he is coming with. YAY! :) He just got back from a TDY and it's nice to have him around again.

• Options
    Irh, I skipped my graduation because that was the day DH came home from his last deployment to Afghanistan.  My parents were not thrilled that I decided not to walk Tongue out

I finally got some useful info from the Medical Board in PA regarding my respiratory license.  Today I had to fax them my marriage license because they couldn't grasp the maiden name on my transcripts but married name on my application and credentials concept...because I'm sure that has never happened before.  Other than that it looks like I"m well on my way to being licensed Smile  Hopefully I also get the job I interviewed for on Monday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:758943c4-4acb-4fa9-b866-6410fbc7cbdfPost:4c2201cd-9752-4228-8eaf-19073d9a0108">Re: Wednesday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Irh, I skipped my graduation because that was the day DH came home from his last deployment to Afghanistan.  My parents were not thrilled that I decided not to walk I finally got some useful info from the Medical Board in PA regarding my respiratory license.  Today I had to fax them my marriage license because they couldn't grasp the maiden name on my transcripts but married name on my application and credentials concept...because I'm sure that has never happened before.  Other than that it looks like I"m well on my way to being licensed   Hopefully I also get the job I interviewed for on Monday.
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]

Yay! Fingers crossed!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sammy, I'm pretty sure my parents would kill me if I decided not to walk!  Although I think your excuse it pretty darn legit ;)

Sending you good vibes that you get the job!
  • Options
    Amanda- I made a fb event for my RD! Everyone in my wedding party has fb, as well as my mom and FMIL. Only had to let my dad & stepmom, as well as our ceremony musician, by phone/e-mail. Easy peezy lemon squeezy!
  • Options
    I just had to jump over here and share the cutest thing I've seen in a long time:

Little boy discovers his own shadow. 
  • Options
    Hi guys!!!

I stayed home today - I'm entitled to a few days off still, and I'm leaving in only 4.5 weeks (wooooo hoooooooo!), so I called in a personal day.  I was up all night with my right eye twitching, so I clearly needed the time to relax a bit.  I hung out with FI and played some videogames while he studied, and mostly just cuddled and played with Sasha (she's a sure fire cure for stress!)

Binx, ONE MONTH!!!! EEEEKKKK!

And I officially move that April 6th be offically named on MB "SammieJoe Day" in honor of her divorce being finalized.  I'll be drinking some sparkling moscato to celebrate!

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:758943c4-4acb-4fa9-b866-6410fbc7cbdfPost:626791a7-d09c-4de9-b146-d5b8b13525a2">Re: Wednesday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had to jump over here and share the cutest thing I've seen in a long time: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vB6jpvrC1SU#!" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vB6jpvrC1SU#!</a> Little boy discovers his own shadow. 
    Posted by divinemsbee[/QUOTE]

Oh how freakin adorable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards