Military Brides
Options

Hump Day Open Letter

2»

Re: Hump Day Open Letter

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7adc5650-8467-413b-afd8-844473a687fbPost:1924781e-9271-429a-aa08-0b03804954cc">Re: Hump Day Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear fb "friend", You're about one status post away from being defriended.  You're on your freaking honeymoon.  Please stop posting what you're doing every second of the day and enjoy your time with your new husband. Love, Your soon to be ex-fb friend.
    Posted by spiffycoolbeans[/QUOTE]
    WOW I've already told FI I'm turning my phone off for the whole week
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7adc5650-8467-413b-afd8-844473a687fbPost:4f36563a-5a8a-4006-be8c-dde18f599cdf">Re: Hump Day Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Obnoxious lady with the smokers cough & insane BO who sits behind me in math- First, COVER YOUR EFFING MOUTH, I'm tired of feeling spittle on the back of my neck, having to shower as soon as I get home, and doing laundry a million times a week.   Second, Get yourself a nicotine patch, some deodorant, loofah & shower gel.  Third, use them. All. Multiple times. Lastly, When I move seats, don't move with me. Thanks, Someone with personal hygiene
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

OMG That's so nasty.  People with poor ... or no personal hygiene is a HUGE pet peeve!!  Oh and people not covering their mouths when coughing, I think I would have lost it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw yay :) I'm glad you ladies liked the idea, although I don't take credit for it. :)

Eek Sami- bleh. I can't stand that. I go to a hippie college too, so it can be pretty bad.. />_< Hope your smelly friend doesn't follow you to your new seating area.. 
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh snap FTL, I don't know that I have any good ones today....o0ooo no I DO! ok, here goes.

Dear guy who said he worked for the DC Homeless Shelters,

It was late last night and I'd had a few glasses of wine, but I'm pretty sure you swindled my leftovers by saying you collected them for DC Homeless Shelters. I was tipped off when you gave major side-eye to the salad I had packed up, instead of chicken parm. You took my lunch, and you suck.

Love,
    Hungry Irishcurls
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LMAO Oh Irish.. What would I do without you in my life... :)
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7adc5650-8467-413b-afd8-844473a687fbPost:8259d2b9-23f8-4862-95fe-58b1c4527f7a">Re: Hump Day Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]LMAO Oh Irish.. What would I do without you in my life... :)
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]
    Be very sad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear size small ACUs that I wear everyday-

Please give me a little more wiggle room for my growing belly so I can put off wearing those God awful maturnity ACUs for as long as possible.  :/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7adc5650-8467-413b-afd8-844473a687fbPost:a7c72e0c-4172-4757-861f-9c719d83704f">Re: Hump Day Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear size small ACUs that I wear everyday- Please give me a little more wiggle room for my growing belly so I can put off wearing those God awful maturnity ACUs for as long as possible.  :/
    Posted by TeamBaby[/QUOTE]

I saw a woman at the Commissary wearing them. I didn't know they exsisted until then, which seems silly because pregnant women need to wear clothes too.

PS I don't think they look awful :-p
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Mother Nature,

When will these aftershocks stop? It was not fun watching a movie in the theatre last night and the room just started shaking! 

Thanks! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:7adc5650-8467-413b-afd8-844473a687fbPost:a809b466-840f-49e4-8f67-dac9b3ae66e8">Re: Hump Day Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hump Day Open Letter : I saw a woman at the Commissary wearing them. I didn't know they exsisted until then, which seems silly because pregnant women need to wear clothes too. <strong>PS I don't think they look awful :-p
    </strong>Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

LOL Thanks.  I guess it's just hard for me because for the past 15 years I've had to maintain a certain weight and fitness level and this new "body type" is really hard for me to accept.
  • Options
    ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Dear H,

I don't mind cooking dinner for you even though we can't eat together and you don't get home until late. But I do mind that you eat fast food at work, don't come home and eat and I end up throwing away good leftover food. I now have roast beef and potatoes in the fridge and chicken. You told me you would eat the roast beef so I didn't mind making chicken. Now you have eaten neither. I would take it for lunch, but I have salad, and I am not wasting veggies. I now have to throw out the roast beef and if you don't eat the chicken, I might beat you with it. Kidding, but not really.

Love,
    Me
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dearest, sweetest FI,
    I love you so so very much. But, you've been home most of the day for the last two days. And given our current compute situation, sometimes I want to write things without you reading over my shoulder. Thsi doesn't mean I don't love you when I need 20 minutes of alone time that are not my shower. I know you've had a rough couple weeks, but stop freaking out.
    Your very understanding, but  I'm going on a walk fiancee.

It's all good now, but earlier, damn.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Jealousy,
    SERIOUSLY? Why do you come around when there is no reason to be jealous of FI's new found friends in dental school? Sure, they're girls, but that doesn't mean he wants them. It just means they have to spend the next 4 years working together. So, BACK OFF! Or you're gonna ruin what I have with him :(...

Ugh, I wish I had better self esteem.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Self,
    Please stop walking up to total morbidly obese strangers and giving them free week passes to Curves.  Go Figure, but some people find that offensive.  

Sincerely,
    The part of you that wants to keep your job!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sami, you crack me up!  Don't you know it's a RIGHT in this country to be morbidly obese if you want to be?  It's their RIGHT to eat themselves right up to the point where they're taxing our healthcare system with all their weight-related illnesses!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7adc5650-8467-413b-afd8-844473a687fbPost:28eaf871-374d-45b9-95a6-44ebb2b6b434">Re: Hump Day Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Jealousy, SERIOUSLY? Why do you come around when there is no reason to be jealous of FI's new found friends in dental school? Sure, they're girls, but that doesn't mean he wants them. It just means they have to spend the next 4 years working together. So, BACK OFF! Or you're gonna ruin what I have with him :(... Ugh, I wish I had better self esteem.
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

Aw, CAB!  I'm sorry you're feeling the green eyed monster.  Have you told him this?  I'd tell him that you're feeling a bit insecure, but you know it's irrational and that you DO trust him and you ARE okay with him hanging out with his new classmates.  But just so he knows, you're feeling a bit jealous.  Maybe he can take you out for an after-class bonding session sometime? 

My FI is the editor-in-chief of a law review on his campus, and the ENTIRE editorial board is made up of really hot women.  He spends a lot of time with all of them, gets calls and texts at all hours, and sees them all day at class.  The thing that made me feel better (though I don't tend to be a jealous person, I think it's only natural to be a bit possessive and defensive of what's yours!  As much as I trust my man, there are some women who are snakes) was when he took me out for a happy hour with all of them.  I met them, some of their significant others, and they could see him with me (sort of stake my claim).  But it also helped to see them all go, "Oh, you must be T's fiancee!  I've heard so much about you.  He talks about you all the time!" 

Anniversary

• Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear mind,
    Please stop thinking that I am fat. I'm not. I just weigh more than I want to. And as for my boobs. FI loves them. Stop telling me I need them bigger. I'm starting to like my body again. as soon as I do you show up. thanks a lot

Love, me :]
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sami- Although I am not morbidly obese by any stretch, I would love that becuase I just figured out there's one right up the road from my apartment. And although there are some very obese people who are probably way healthier than me (see the blog "danceswithfat") there are a lot I'm sure that aren't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards