Military Brides

MOH MIA!

OK, the wedding is 9 days away. NINE!! Which is very exciting... BUT, today, my MOH calls out of nowhere and says her job is preventing her from coming. She already bought the dress, had it fitted, made travel arrangements,etc. Then she gets this promotion at work, and her boss tells her that her vacation (to come to the wedding) has been cancelled because they've brought in a corporate trainer to get her ready for her new job. She even asked if they could postpone the training. She was told that her vacation was cancelled; if she took it, she'd lose the promotion AND her job. WTF?? I don't know what to do. I know it's not her fault, and she called as soon as she found out. She even offered to overnight ship her dress to me at her own expense, just in case I have a friend here that can wear it to keep the groomsmen and bridesmaids evenly matched. I. Just. Don't. Know. What to do. Any thoughts or suggestions??
Oh, and another major bummer for today (when it rains, it pours): we just found out our next duty station and it's THE only place I've ever said I didn't want to go. Hoorah Army. Oh well, no fixing that. Anyone have any ideas on the MOH issue?

Re: MOH MIA!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_moh-mia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7fc4eb28-14c9-4bef-bcd2-3b1f90f0af73Post:b52f64fa-021e-46a3-a702-d9e79d65c484">MOH MIA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK, the wedding is 9 days away. NINE!! Which is very exciting... BUT, today, my MOH calls out of nowhere and says her job is preventing her from coming. She already bought the dress, had it fitted, made travel arrangements,etc. Then she gets this promotion at work, and her boss tells her that her vacation (to come to the wedding) has been cancelled because they've brought in a corporate trainer to get her ready for her new job. She even asked if they could postpone the training. She was told that her vacation was cancelled; if she took it, she'd lose the promotion AND her job. WTF?? I don't know what to do. I know it's not her fault, and she called as soon as she found out. She even offered to overnight ship her dress to me at her own expense, just in case I have a friend here that can wear it to keep the groomsmen and bridesmaids evenly matched. I. Just. Don't. Know. What to do. Any thoughts or suggestions?? Oh, and another major bummer for today (when it rains, it pours): we just found out our next duty station and it's THE only place I've ever said I didn't want to go. Hoorah Army. Oh well, no fixing that. Anyone have any ideas on the MOH issue?
    Posted by stuckinbama[/QUOTE]<div>Let it go. Don't replace her. It sucks. I'm sure she's already upset about it, so try not to make her feel worse. My MOH also couldn't make it and found  out about 2 weeks before the wedding. She also told me to have one of our other friends be MOH. I chose not to and just kept my original plan of her and my sister to be in the wedding. She still has the dress and has worn it for other weddings. Don't make her pay to ship the dress. I know it sucks, but really, all she needs to do the day of is sign the marriage license, and another BM or a parent or friend can do that. 

</div>
  • That totally sucks but I will tell you that I didn't even choose a MOH.  The girls I chose were so important to me at different stages of life it just seemed best not to. If that makes any sense at all. H's bestman could not be there due to job related reasons so it happens. 

Good luck and just think the wedding is almost here.

GG- you sig is so true!
  • You do nothing. Don't replace her. Have your wedding, that's it. It sucks, but it's not worth worrying about.

• We had the opposite! My FI's oldest brother and best friend was told by the USMC that he wouldn't be deploying until after December of this year so we planned the wedding specifically around his delpoyment schedule - made it October. They called him in January to tell him he was deploying from June until December! GRRR! So annoying, but we're not replacing him. I was honestly trying to find a way to Skype with him so he could see his baby brother get married but it's turning into something unrealistic :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards