Military Brides

A bump in the road. (Sort of wedding related)

My Fiance is currently stationed in Korea. Since he is there it's been very hard to get our wedding together because most of the time he's getting up I'm going to bed and when I'm getting up and ready for work he's going to bed.
Most of the decor details I've handled on my own cause he seems very uninterested. And to be flat honest he's not contributed a dime to the wedding, except his son's tux.
I got a message on facebook last night from his roommate, who cussed at me quite a bit and pretty much called me controlling. He said when his friends ask why he bought things for the wedding and my fiance simply repied "Because she wants it that way". Now call me crazy for being upset about this. But it really got to me. For multiple reasons.
Is it wrong that I don't ask him every single detail? And should I be upset that he isn't supporting the wedding money wise? Cause his friends think he is putting money to the wedding when he is not? And how would you react to this.

Re: A bump in the road. (Sort of wedding related)

• lamoureux86lamoureux86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's very frustrating. Not only that he is in Korea and your schedules are complete opposite, but also that he isn't exactly gung-ho about the wedding. How long have you guys been together (if you don't mind me asking)? When is your wedding date? Do you think he may be having extra cold feet/second thoughts? It's normal for guys to not be as enthusiastic about their wedding as their fiancee is, but only to a certain extent. It sounds like you two may not have discussed your budget for the wedding, otherwise he doesn't really have ground to be upset about the cost. It is crucial for you two to settle on a budget and determine who is paying what. This will make the planning go MUCH smoother!

It is not wrong that you don't ask him about EVERY detail, but you definitely can't leave him out of the loop. And you definitely can't leave him out and then expect him to pay for something he was never consulted about, ya know? Even little things that you might think he won't care about, just ask him anyway. Don't drill him, but just get it into the conversation. If he's interested, you'll know it.

I hope his friends grow up a little bit and stop sending you obnoxious messages. Clearly, if they are messaging you about these things then your fiance must be venting to them about all of the plans. So make sure you really talk to him and get to the bottom of things before it's too late.
  • edited December 2011
    That does stink. I planned ours a lot when my fi was gone(it made the time go by faster), but 1 thing i did was email him links or pics of things or vendors and asked for his opinion. My FI on the otherhand IS quite interested and wants his input on about 90% of the wedding, so I got lucky, but maybe doing that will help him get more interested. The friend thing sucks. have you told him this yet? Or asked why they would think that
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards