Military Brides

Today is not "Happy" Memorial Day

I get so frustrated. Veteran's Day is in November. 

I hate Dave Ramsey

Re: Today is not "Happy" Memorial Day

• edited December 2011
    I know what you mean Stan. I went to the gym today and they changed the music to patriotic music in honor of me and H. I was appreciative and all, but thats not what today is about.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed Stan
  • prodigalgirlprodigalgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep.  Today is about people like my friend Erin, whose husband died in Afghanistan just before he was supposed to come back from deployment. 

It's not just a holiday.  It's not the beginning of summer break.  It's not barbecue day.

MEMORIAL.

Memories.

Sobering, humbling, gratitude-inducing memories.

Thank you to those who went before.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You are so very right, Stan.  I've been frustrated all day by people wishing me a happy day or calling to thank me for my service.  Today is not a day for that.  Today is ment to remember the people who will never come home.  Today is not a day of celebration.  Today is a day of honor.  It is a sacred day to those of us who have burried our brothers and sisters in arms.  Today is a day of sharing memories of those people.  So many people have no idea what this day really means and it angers me.  It breaks my heart. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I even saw a woman in uniform who was being interviewed on the news say, "Thank you to those who made the ultimate sacrifice, who are currently away from their families in Iraq and Afghanistan." I started yelling at FI that deployment may be rough but this woman is a total dumb ass if she thinks simply being apart is the ultimate sacrifice.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards