Military Brides
Options

work out plans

What are the ones you follow? 

What is the most difficult part of it?

what about the easiest?

Is there any part that you wished you worked more on?
Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

Re: work out plans

• Options
    YoungDuoYoungDuo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What are the ones you follow?  I am a member of a women's gym which I love. On MWF, I like to go to a class that is a full body workout at 6 am. I have been getting into Zumba and Hip Hop dance classes after work.

What is the most difficult part of it? The most difficult part is getting my butt out of bed in the morning. If I do the 6 am one, I get up at 5, get my lunch and stuff ready for work, go to class and get home at 7, then get ready for work and leave by 8.

What about the easiest? Enjoying the results from my hard work :)

Is there any part that you wished you worked more on? I wish I focused more on cardio and my abs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 204 made the cut image 122 are ready to party image 65 are being lame
    image 17 can't find the mailbox
    RSVP Date: October 20
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What are the ones you follow? 
    I do my own thing. I make sure I get upper body and lower body at least twice a week. I tend to do step 3 times a week and yoga 2 times a week now... With freeweights or body pump in between the days.
    What is the most difficult part of it?
    Just to stay motivated when FI isn't... which is always.. oi!
    what about the easiest?
    Absolutely having classes to go to. Step is motivation enough to get to the gym. I love the class, the people, the music.. and if I'm not motivated, I just have to get my butt there... Then the instructor takes care of the rest :P
    Is there any part that you wished you worked more on?
    My arms... I'm going to now that my wedding is less than a month away (eek). I have big boobs, so the arms tend to be an insecurity area (they kinda go hand in hand.. oi)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Zumba! I do Zumba and pilates classes once a week but FI is buying me the Zumba at home set so I work out more :P he just wants me to be healthy since I eat so poorly lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011

zims remember 80/20.
    I worked my butt off and wasn't seeing results until I changed my diet. ;)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_work-out-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:93955db9-eed0-4bf1-80a1-cf9fee553ec3Post:4a233f7e-cedf-45d2-adc0-d8505e308022">Re: work out plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]zims remember 80/20. I worked my butt off and wasn't seeing results until I changed my diet. ;)
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah my friends and FI always joke that my diet is 90% carbs. It's so hard to not ear junk food lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know it is... It's a miracle I'm not crazy obese from my junk food and video gaming days... But then I realized I feel how I eat. and since I have switched to the light, it's pains me to eat junk food now (except the occassional pizza of course :P )
    *sigh* I miss the late night chips/dip and sodas though... not gonna lie ... haha
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right now I'm following "The New Rules of Lifting for Women." It's amazing.

The most difficult part is the whole thing. I woke up this morning and my lats AND butt were killing me. Whole body work out in 30 minutes. That's the best part about it, and you don't need to do cardio if you don't want to. Which I don't. Because I hate cardio.

Sometimes depending on my week I'll throw in some yoga or pilates--I plan to up my yoga in the next 19 days (edited! 18 days, oh snap!!) to avoid freaking out more than necessary. But I'm happy with it overall.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_work-out-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:93955db9-eed0-4bf1-80a1-cf9fee553ec3Post:22231860-7b88-43e5-8524-abfe7f9bfdf1">Re: work out plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know it is... It's a miracle I'm not crazy obese from my junk food and video gaming days... But then I realized I feel how I eat. and since I have switched to the light, it's pains me to eat junk food now (except the occassional pizza of course :P ) *sigh* I miss the late night chips/dip and sodas though... not gonna lie ... haha

Haha I just ate cheetos in bed last night while watching tv damn late night cravings lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Irish that sounds fantastic!
    I love the feeling of being sore.. it's what I strive for when I work out.
    Recently I had a personal trainer help me with a few new moves that will strengthen little muscles that are often neglected.. It's mainly about balance but OH MAN was I sore afterward. It's great for backpacking since when you're backpacking you're bending your ankles and knees in odd ways to go around things, up things, etc.
    Fun stuff. Can't wait to hit the gym today :)

WOW I haven't had cheetos in years lol
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_work-out-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:93955db9-eed0-4bf1-80a1-cf9fee553ec3Post:34eb91d4-a7a0-41a3-819b-d4bba8047602">Re: work out plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Irish that sounds fantastic! I love the feeling of being sore.. it's what I strive for when I work out. Recently I had a personal trainer help me with a few new moves that will strengthen little muscles that are often neglected.. It's mainly about balance but OH MAN was I sore afterward. It's great for backpacking since when you're backpacking you're bending your ankles and knees in odd ways to go around things, up things, etc. Fun stuff. Can't wait to hit the gym today :) WOW I haven't had cheetos in years lol
    FTL for real check it out. I will say he focuses a lot on back/glutes/hams because women work out their abs so much, that it causes all sorts of junk down the road. Or something. I don't know, I just like having a plan when I walk into the gym. BAM, then I leave. Plus I gained an 1/8" in each bicep cause I'm huge like that and it makes FI proud.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow Irish that's impressive. I think I honestly do my hams/glutes the most! mainly because I do bodypump and bodystep and both of those work a LOT of the lower body.. I definitely love doing abs because it just feels good and I don't like a tummy pudge, but I need to focus on the upper bod. I want my arms to SHRINK though :P well.. shrink the fat.. I don't mind muscle gain :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do an advanced workout with the Curves Circuit at a minimum of 3x's per week, plus I won't ever let a member workout by herself while I'm working, and showing new members around the circuit.  And I try run 3-4x's a week. I also do our Zumba class every Monday, and/or Step class every Tuesday night...

I don't think any part of it is difficult... I enjoy it immensely!! I wish I enjoyed running... but I very rarely do.  I just tolerate it.

The easiest part is I guess that I work there.. Idk..

Photobucket
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I joined Crossfit two weeks ago, and it hurts.  I also love that feeling of being sore, but not damaged.  It makes me feel like I accomplished something and that I'm going to get stronger and leaner and fitter for next time.  The hardest part right now is being so terribly bad at everything - the workouts are made for anyone, so I go to the same gym and same classes as my FI but I just use less weights, do slightly different versions of the same movement, etc. 

But I mean, I feel like I'm so far behind even people who look out of shape but have been doing it for a few months, so I guess that's promising - if they can look super huge and yet kick my butt, that means they were probably way worse before they started and have built up muscle but haven't lost all the extra weight yet. 

I try to look on the bright side, that I'll get better quickly, but I'm trying hard not to over do it without looking like an idiot.  Like today I overheated.  I'm going to have to cut the run portions down because I simply get too hot and get woozy and nearly pass out.  Today the trainer literally picked me up and threw me in the shower to lower my body temperature.  FI was out doing part of his work out, but when he got in he tried to take care of me. 

There's another trainer that was yelling at me because I was doing knee push-ups instead of full push-ups.  The trainer that I've been working with in the evenings told me to do knee push-ups because I could do a lot more of them, so even though it would take longer, I'd get more benefit out of it than only struggling to do 2 normal push ups.  I didn't like that trainer today at all.  FI already didn't like him because the guy has a chip on his shoulder and likes to boss people around - he was criticizing FI on the fact that he doesn't have wash-board abs (FI used to weigh about 50 pounds more than he does now, before I met him, so it's just not possible for that skin to tighten that much).  FI just ignored him and finished his workout and kicked that guy's score for the day, and told the guy to shove it and when he can bring it with the weights, then he can talk a big game.  I just think those people with such huge egos don't belong as trainers!

Anniversary

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a specfic workout plan but I'm really just trying to stay active with exercise and have a healthy diet to shed the lbs I gained after the wedding. 

Right now, I have started running again, I run between 2-4 miles everyday, and I speed walk after that for about 1-2miles. I also do some sprints in there(these always feel good!). I get up betweem 6-7am to do this. I try to do Zumba at least twice a week, I will try to go on base to do it while I'm here in Japan, but sometimes I'm just so sore from my runs in the morning! I will need to find a gym when we get to VA for my Zumba classes and I am looking forward to running on the beach. 

The most difficult part for me has always been staying motivated. Everytime I get into a workour or excercise, it's hard to always stay with it especially when I've been travelling a lot. But H gave me the perfect motivation though, I asked him for one. He said if I was to lose weight, then it means I'll just have to go shopping and buy new clothes because my old ones won't fit me anymore! I got super excited with this. Haha. I told him I'd really like to go back to my old weight back when we first met! 

• Options
    slaughter182slaughter182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best thing that has worked for me is to schedule for a race a couple of weeks before the wedding and then just pick up a running training plan to follow.  I also took small steps in my diet that have helped me tremendously!  All of these things carried over so I still run (although in the summer its mostly inside at the base gym!) and eat great!  Check out our Shed for the wed blog for some tips! 
    Married 5.15.2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards