Military Brides

In Need of Advice

Hello ladies!  I'm looking for some advice as far as choosing a wedding date.  My fiance is in the Army and just got transferred to Fort Bragg for the next 2 years.  We were planning on a September or October 2014 wedding.  Well today he just found out that he'll be super busy with work the middle of September through the middle of October - exactly when I wanted the wedding - and he won't be able to take any time off.  Between his schedule and the dates available at the venue we want, the only date around that time would be September 13th.  Now, my best friend got married September 10, 2011, I was in her wedding and she'll be in mine.  I was trying to stay away from the 10th in consideration of her.  She hasn't said me getting married so close to her anniversary would bother her, but I'm not sure she would tell me if it really did.  I just don't want her to feel like I'm stealing her date.  I need some help!  Should I just forget about a September wedding to spare hurting her feelings?  Thank you for any advice!!!  

Re: In Need of Advice

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2013
    If that would hurt her feelings, you should consider a new friend.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure if you meant to post this on this board but I would just have your wedding when you want to have it. It shouldn't matter when other people are having or have had their weddings. It's not like they lay claim to the day or week or whatever and you're stealing it from them. There is no reason for your friend to have a problem with your date so if she says she doesn't I would believe her. ETA: Plus what TX said.
  • I Agree. My Parents were married on June 21, 1991. Their Best friends got married on the same date seven years later. Not only were my parents at the wedding on their Anniversary, but they were Honored to be a part of it. I dont think your friend will be upset and if she is you need to find another friend.
  • My wedding is on my nieces first birthday. I talked to my sister about it and she was fine with it as long as I didn't mind sharing my day with her. Talk to your friend, a true friend wont mind.

• I'm getting married this year on the exact date I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding last year.  She is just thrilled I'm as happy with my FI as she is with her H! 

And as far as trying to find a date that works for the Armed Forces....good luck to getting ANYONE to agree to a date EVER.  We are getting married in August, only 6 months after getting engaged, and still no one wants to give my FI an answer on whether we can plan a honeymoon for the week after the wedding.  Getting them to agree to a 4-day pass just for the wedding was like trying to move a mountain.  Yay Service!
  • I don't know one military couple who had their honeymoon right after their wedding.  Ours was just after our 3rd anniversary.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards