Military Brides
Options

Boozy question, because it's Friday!

Soooo, how many of you are doing a "signature cocktail"? I know that since we're providing and serving all of the alcohol, we probably won't have everything everyone wants, and since we're in the mid-afternoon, I don't know that everyone will drink, so thing seems like a good compromise (plus beer/wine). I'm thinking of doing two. 

I adore champagne cocktails, so when I cam across an article about them, I found several that coordinate with the wedding colors (not necessary, but kind of neat to me) and look really tasty. Help me choose/give me opinions (if you think it's lame)?

Re: Boozy question, because it's Friday!

• Options
    Well I'll never turn down a Kir Royale and the red currant ones look easy to assemble en masse as well. The punch looks fun but I wonder the logistics of fresh fruit and brewing up enough of those quickly, kwim? 
  • Options
    I got excited when I saw the subject of this post haha!  They all seem perfect for a mid-afternoon cocktail!  The first one is most appealing to me personally.  Here's another one I found that looks delish:
    http://friendseat.com/Pointsettia-Champagne-Cocktail-Recipe
  • Options
    Damnit, I want a mimosa
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    They all look really good. I like the first one and the red currant one the best. A friend of mine did sweet tea vodka and lemon aid for hers since she had her reception in July in the south. It was a big hit and very refreshing...oh and dangerous. Haa
  • Options
    A signature cocktail!  I never thought of that.  We negotiated the booze package to include Boulevard beer, from the local Boulevard Brewery, because a lot of our guests will be in from out of town and we wanted to show off our new hometown.  I don't know if there's anything quintessentially Kansas Citian.  I'll pop over to the local board and ask.
  • Options
    I love a Kir Royale too, I think I love these because we'll already have Champagne (or other sparkling bev) and to make these you only need a little bit of the mixer, whereas when you try to serve mixed drinks you have to keep a whole bunch of mixers and different beverages on hand and if you don't have what people want they might get disappointed. Whereas, if it's clear there's only X, Y or Z, then it's upfront what's available. I wish we could afford to hire not only someone to work the bar but stock a full one, but I don't know that it's really worth it for something that starts at 3 pm, will only have heavy apps, and most of my family won't drink a lot because they have to drive home. 
  • Options
    Yay for booze!

We're having sangria for sure.  That's something really easy to make in advance (it's actually recommended to prepare it at least 12 hours ahead of time) and is easy to serve in a pitcher or any sort of liquid distribution system!

We're thinking of another drink, also easily mass produced.  We might do mojitos.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_boozy-question-because-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:9eaa0380-e2aa-4787-8d44-687cb14de8acPost:c1a2de69-ea69-4a4d-b50e-bd04ee6794b2">Re: Boozy question, because it's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love a Kir Royale too, I think I love these because we'll already have Champagne (or other sparkling bev) and to make these you only need a little bit of the mixer, whereas when you try to serve mixed drinks you have to keep a whole bunch of mixers and different beverages on hand and if you don't have what people want they might get disappointed. Whereas, if it's clear there's only X, Y or Z, then it's upfront what's available. I wish we could afford to hire not only someone to work the bar but stock a full one, but I don't know that it's really worth it for something that starts at 3 pm, will only have heavy apps, and most of my family won't drink a lot because they have to drive home. 
    Posted by divinemsbee[/QUOTE]
    Your venue doesn't require licensed bartenders to serve the alcohol? 
  • Options
    Nope. We have to get liability insurance for the weekend put on someone's home insurance plan (we're doing it through my grandmother, it was pretty easy), but that's it. Seemed a little weird to me, too, but I think they have lots of volunteer groups that do events there with booze and the groups distribute it themselves. I think as long as we don't charge for it, we'll be good.

That sentence probably wasn't clear, though. We are hiring a bartender, but we're not hiring or stocking a full bar. But we wouldn't technically have to hire one, it's weird. 
  • Options
    Oh gotcha! I've heard of the liability insurance before. I also saw a "watermelon mimosa" on Pinterest and thought of you!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards