Military Brides
Options

Uniforms...

My FI is Army along with two of his GM. The FI has decided he doesn't want to wear the "pickle suit" for the wedding and just wants a tux.

My brother is a marine and will be getting back from deployment just in time to walk me down the aisle. He will have several metals, his blood strip, and a sword; he really wants to show that off.

Do you think it will look weird for my brother to wear his uniform while my FI and everyone else are in tuxes? My FI says he could care less and I just want my brother to be comfortable.  My brother's wife says it will look stupid so now I want other opinions.
Anniversary

Re: Uniforms...

• Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh...personally I would think it looks little weird too.

Like if your bro was walking you down the aisle...OK. But then again, he earned it so he if he wants to wear it AND is OK with your FI, it's fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No - He doesn't really care to have a military wedding. He has been in for awhile and it's just something he does.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you can come between a Marine and his Dress Blues, You go for it, but it's a battle most often lost by those without an Eagle, Globe & Anchor!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jeffsteph1207jeffsteph1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say go for it! Your brother earned it, and he wants to wear it so why not? I think it will look awesome. Besides as long as you, your FI and your brother are comfortable with it, who cares? It's your wedding!, you can do whatever you guys want!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree he's earned it tell him go for it! : )
    Sarah BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your brother maybe proud of his medals and wants to show them off, but its your day and you should show off, not your brother. I'm not trying to be mean i just feel that he should respect that it is your day and let you shine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that if your FH had a problem with it, I would understand where he is coming from.  A uniform always catches people's attention, and it's a day where he will want the focus on you and him, not you and your brother.  But, since he doesn't seem to mind, then I think it would be fine. 
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards