Military Brides

Jacksonville Ladies

I know I've already asked some of you for help, but I'm putting a post out there so I can find everything in one place.
H and I will be going there for our anniversary and we need places to stay that are near everything. We don't need to stay on the beach since we can see a beach all the time, but we are thinking the downtown area? I need rec's and reviews for hotels, food, and things to do! Lay it on me! 

Re: Jacksonville Ladies

• That's a funny way to spell Virginia Beach.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Virginia Beach is too far for a quick weekend trip! I'm only planning to take a 1/2 day on Friday. If we take a longer trip, that'd be the next place :) 
  • IDK if you've been before, but the Ruth's Chris steakhouse there is ahhhhmazing. I can't say enough about it... really. It's that good. The waiter was super attentive, his wine recs were perfect with the meal we chose, and their sweet potato casserole (designed to be a side) is perfect for dessert, and they will bring you ice cream to go with if you ask :)

Old St Augustine is a fun place to spend a few hours... lots of little shops, quaint atmosphere and the beach there is really nice (best sand on an east coast beach that I've been to).

We haven't stayed in any hotels when I have been there, so I can't help you much on that... other than to say that Ruth's Chris is downtown on St John's River. 
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • H and I Stayed at the Omni Hotel near Jacksonville Landing ( It is downtown-ish). It was nice, and they had a bunch of things to do at the Landing...check and see if these is anything going on there the weekend you will be there, they have concerts, and other things going on. They have a few decent restaurants but, not the best in Jacksonville.  It is near the St John's River so it is pretty.

I love Jacksonville Beach. Not so much the beach, but they have a lot of fun restaurants and stuff. H and I also stayed at the One Ocean Resort on Jax Beach for the night before H left. It was a beautiful hotel...nice spa and just a very wonderful resort.
    Photobucket
  • Omni has no rooms. At least listed online. I might call though. The other two we looked at are the crowne plaza and the Hyatt.
  • Well good luck and let us know how your trip goes!  I just did the Priceline "Name your own Price" with 4 stars and in the downtown area and we got the Omni, I would have been happy with any of the ones you mentioned.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards