Military Brides
Options

Opinion pretty please?

I'm going to get my hair done in an hour for the Marine Ball!
and I don't have a clueeee what to do with it.
Any suggestions? What have you done with your hair when you went?

Re: Opinion pretty please?

• Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a picture of your dress would be helpful :]
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

How long is your hair? That will help decide what can be done! And can you link us a pic of your dress, or post a pic of you in it?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't really matter as long as you don't put a bunch of stuff in it that say PROM like crystals.. Don't do that. lol.
    I tend to always wear my hair down because it's my security blanket, but a classic updo is always elegant.
    Really, don't think too much into this ball thing! It's just a formal dinner :)
  • Options
    ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Last year I just curled mine and put it half up. I did it myself, it looked pretty and classy. Not the greatest picture but you get the idea. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW ggirl that looks like how I had my hair down for DIning out two years ago... and there is no way I'm that skilled to do myself.. Mad props woman! O.o Now come do my hair :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It took forever to curl and lots of hairspray. I'm amazed that I was able to do it myself.  I think it seriously took me about 1 1/2 hrs haha, and then I had to have H give me pieces that I missed and curl those. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The funny part is I kind of suck at doing my own hair and make up. Like, I can't use curlers for the life of me. I never put them in right. My sister made fun of me so bad the day of my shower because I couldn't do it. She had to do it for me :( 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's short now! Just about shoulder length! I chopped it after the wedding because it was just too ridiculously long. 

Thanks for the hair compliment. My hair is interesting, it's got this weird wave thing going on that at times can be awesome, and at times is just bizarre looking. But it is thick. 
  • Options
    ZeldakinsZeldakins member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I second CAB's comment. You have gorgeous hair ggirl! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GG, I think we have the same hair in different colors.  Mine is super thick and naturally curly/wavy but not like ringlets curly.  I have never understood why girls have such difficulty with rollers.  I've been rolling my hair since I was 10 I think.  Before that my mom did it. 

OP- without knowing what your hair looks like, or your dress, I would say keep it simple and classy.  It's not your prom, it's a formal dinner honoring your FI's branch of service!  Make sure you post pics!!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sami when I come visit you can you teach me how to put curlers in! I really can't do it! I can curl my hair with a curling iron really well, but me and curlers, nuh uh we don't get along. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    tehehe!! I burn myself with my curling iron on an almost daily basis.  I'm currently sporting a burn on my forehead.  I haven't used my curlers since I cut my hair short, I find they work better on longer hair..
    Photobucket
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GGirl - I have the same hair, but it's so thick that I never let it grow out because it would take 45 minutes to blow dry it.  And I'm just not that patient.  It's currently just about chin length and it's driving me BONKERS!  But if I had long hair, I bet it would curl like that.  I just would never be able to do it myself!!   Your hair is gorgeous!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards