Military Brides

nevermind

2»

Re: nevermind

• edited December 2011
    Boo I missed it too!  I personally love the blunt honesty of the posters on this board...I'm just sayin'...
  • LuluP82LuluP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I got curious and tried to find the posts OP was referring to where people were "mean" to her, so she came on here to see if we'd understand it better...And honestly, no one was mean! At all. They just said it's your party, do what you want, essentially.

One person told her that it shouldn't be as formal as a wedding, which I think is super silly because, well, weddings are of different formalities anyway. I've attended lots of parties that are certainly as formal as a wedding and weren't weddings. And I've attended casual weddings. That was the only comment that was maybe a bit harsh.

In her OP on that thread, she said she was having a party to celebrate her marriage. And everyone said, go for it! Plan a great party.

THEN, she came back and said her feelings were hurt because people were calling it a party. Okay, what? Does anyone get upset if your reception is referred to as a "party?"

I'm just so confused now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I hate when people delete their posts. It's rude.. and it's annoying.

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_this-happening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a9fc9391-0e5e-4d81-b02e-ff6f6ecbed40Post:a9dd3fdb-df2b-49c4-87aa-9d8038e21a51">Re: nevermind</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I got curious and tried to find the posts OP was referring to where people were "mean" to her, so she came on here to see if we'd understand it better...And honestly, no one was mean! At all. They just said it's your party, do what you want, essentially. One person told her that it shouldn't be as formal as a wedding, which I think is super silly because, well, weddings are of different formalities anyway. I've attended lots of parties that are certainly as formal as a wedding and weren't weddings. And I've attended casual weddings. That was the only comment that was maybe a bit harsh. In her OP on that thread, she said she was having a party to celebrate her marriage. And everyone said, go for it! Plan a great party. THEN, she came back and said her feelings were hurt because people were calling it a party. Okay, what? Does anyone get upset if your reception is referred to as a "party?" I'm just so confused now.
    Posted by LuluP82[/QUOTE]

I know people that are touchy about calling a "wedding" a "party" because that includes the ceremony *coughcough my fiance cough cough* but the reception .. IS.. essentially... a party...? lol.. oh well... we all have our "irks" I gets.. whatever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards