Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

VERY casual wedding, HELP!! *long post*

2»

Re: VERY casual wedding, HELP!! *long post*

• Honestly, if I'd paid all that money to go to Mexico and see you get married, and I found out later that it was a sham ceremony, I would be PISSED.  Not that you had to do the legalities ahead of time, but that you felt like it was okay to lie to me about it.  And I don't keep friends in my life who lie to me.

I'd say... cancel everything here.  Go to Mexico and get married there. Whether or not his mom is there is up to her.  If my mom had said 'if you get married that day then I can't be there', then I wouldn't have planned it for then, but it looks like you decided otherwise.

OR... cancel Mexico, eat the financial loss, piss off your friends that already have travel plans, and pull something casual together here so his mom can make it. 

OR... come clean to all your destination guests that you will have to marry ahead of time so they know what they will be attending in Mexico, deal with the fallout, get married here with mom, then plan on sharing your honeymoon in Mexico with all your (maybe upset) guests.

You have to choose what is most important to you. None of us can decide that for you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards