Military Brides

Can traditional wedding festivities follow a civil ceremony?

2»

Re: Can traditional wedding festivities follow a civil ceremony?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_can-traditional-wedding-festivities-follow-a-civil-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:b312b9fe-a8ec-4aad-8874-dd73f2e5eec7Post:3d57d34a-5e38-466b-acbf-d6c77352a59b">Re:Can traditional wedding festivities follow a civil ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Someone read the sticky?!? I just got a lil tear in my eye. That, and the return of Hike ;
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

< 3
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Getting married just to be with someone after A school is fine and all, I guess. Not my personal choice. I know my fiance will be deployed next year but we want the "traditional" wedding planning, all the parties, and whatnot. We at least want that "normal" part of our life, if you will. So we wait. It's not going to kill you to wait. If youre so concerned with missing out on the traditional stuff like you posted, then you can wait too. But whatever day that you go to JOP or whatever, that IS your wedding date...you cant have a ceremony and that suddently be your new wedding date. That seems like cheating the system to me lol. I guess some people are just more patient than others. It sucks I won't get to be with my fiance for a while but we have the rest of our lives, and thats what you always need to focus on. Not the now, not next month, not even next year, just the rest of forever. 
  • I'm with sps, although I must say I think it's a HUGE waste of money to try and do this twice. It'll never be as good because you're already married, I think any God would recognize that, even if you didn't go through a religious official. This reminds me way too much of my extended family...just finding an excuse to party, bringing DJ's to a two year old'S birthday party...lol but hey, I guess they have money to burn. 
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2012
    Just FYI, if you are worried about what happens if he's injured, look into being name his Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care.  It's basically a legal document that declares you capable of making health care decisions for him in case of emergency.  It makes you the decision maker instead of his legal next of kin until you get married.  Once married you'll be the legal next of kin, so it won't be necessary any more.  Google it to check out the requirements in your state, and have you fiance look into it with the military to determine if it's right for you.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards