Military Brides

Open Letters Anyone?

Dear H's Car,
Please accept our sincere apologies on behalf of your irresponsible previous owners for the lack of maintenance they decided to do on you. Now that we've spent several thousand dollars to fix you up, please please please don't have more issues. We'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Your Now Basically Broke Drivers

Dear Work,
Stop sucking so much. Really. This is pretty ridiculous. 
Thanks,
Frustrated Employee

Dear Management,
See previous letter. Also remember that you can improve morale by being nice to people. You wonder why no one wants to work here? There's your answer.
Sincerely,
Just being Honest

Dear Body,
Thanks for getting my head on board with not hurting anymore after that migraine medicine. Now if I could just not feel like I got hit by a train that'd be fab.
Sincerely,
I want my energy back

wedding1 Anniversary

Re: Open Letters Anyone?

• Dear Self,
    More gym. All gym all the time. You procrastinated, and now you have to do this. You can do this. You will do this. 
    Seriously, do it,
    Your Wedding--3 months

Dear FI,
    I hate that a lot of the really hard work you did has been undone. I know you're trying to be a nice guy picking the new guy up from his hotel every day so that new guy's gf can have their car, but that's meant you can't work out in the mornings. It's really made a huge difference. And not in a good way. I'm glad they move into their apartment this weekend and you can get back to your schedule. 
    Love you,
    Your FI who realizes both of us need routine

Dear groceries,
    Buy yourself. Pleeeeeease? All I have is a jar of olives, Diet Coke, unsweet tea, and half a bag of apples in the fridge. We were waiting for payday to go and something has come up every night since. I need groceries so that I can cook a healthy dinner, but I don't want to go out into the heat and crazy that is San Antonio right now. 
    Thanks,
    Trying to eat healthily, but really lazy

• Dear Apartment Complex,
    W..F..T... You said you were going to come into my apartment to fix my window, so for the last few daysI have been putting my dog in a closet( in his crate) so he won't go crazy when you come in. AND you still haven't come....Stop being so sketchy.
    Much love,
    Owner of an attack Beagle 
    (only half joking)

Dear Oklahoma,
    111 is too hot. TOO FCUKING HOT!! Can you cool down, just a little? 90s look like a nice cool day in the fall...something in double digits would be faannntastic!!!  14 days of over 100 degrees is too much. Please stop being a jerk and cool it off just a little bit.
    Thanks,
    Too hotttttttttt to think

Photobucket
  • Dear Stuff, 

Can't you just pack and move yourself? A week and a half just seems like plenty of time for you to organize on your own. It doesn't help that I have to make an overnight trip to SA 5 days before the move and that's gonna just take a toll on my energy. :/ 
    Pack yourself, PLEASE. Kthanx. 

-Frustrated and on the move again. 

Dear Apartment Complex, 

If my apartment is truly "move-in ready" that would be FRICKING WONDERFUL. 
    Please Please, PLEASE be ready when I get there. 

-I never want to move again. 

Dear FI, 

Please stop worrying about things that are out of your control. Trust in me when I say that you are more than qualified for this job and that you just need to be patient. There's a reason that they're still calling you for updated information and that is most likely because they want you on the force. Stressing yourself out is not going to help you, go work out instead...the endorphins will make you feel great and I'll definitely enjoy the results. ;)

-Your loving FI that just wants to see you smile.
  • Sorry to post twice...but I had to get this one out. 

Dear Ex-Roommate, 

You know why I've been trying to get in touch with you. Stop avoiding me. It's not gonna save you from this. Learn to be responsible already, I can't take over your debts. Frankly this is all ticking me off even more. 
  • Dear H, 
    THANK YOU THANK YOU for my anniversary gift. I love it. However, when cleaning the bathroom, YES you do have to clean the tub. It does not get clean every day because water runs down it.
    Love,
    your amazing wife

Dear work,
    You suck.
    -disgruntled employee

Dear coworker,
    I love you but I hate you if you leave me in a month. 
    sincerely,
    we're gonna have a love/hate relationship

Dear cancer,
    you suck.
    no regards or signature from me. you don't deserve it. 

• Dear Olympics-
    You are cutting into my sleep and making me really grouchy.  Can you please start earlier so I can see everything?  UGH
    Thank you
    Sleepy Smuff

Dear Office phones,
    STOP RINGING!!! My office phone and my cell phone are both ringing off the hook.
    Thanks
    Ears ringing!

Dear Roxie and Gunner,
    It is called sharing. So please will you share my bed with me? Although I do love cuddling with you both!
    Your sleepy mom

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_open-letters-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:baafe8c7-0e1d-48c8-b250-1eec96ac2d59Post:85f6e25e-457b-4b7d-ab2f-c6e44e4fc79a">Re: Open Letters Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Olympics- You are cutting into my sleep and making me really grouchy.  Can you please start earlier so I can see everything?  UGH Thank you Sleepy Smuff Dear Office phones, STOP RINGING!!! My office phone and my cell phone are both ringing off the hook. Thanks Ears ringing!<strong> Dear Roxie and Gunner, It is called sharing. So please will you share my bed with me? Although I do love cuddling with you both! Your sleepy mom
    </strong>Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]

Seriously! Blaze has been doing the same thing for the past few nights. RIGHT in the middle of the bed. It's 90 degrees outside.. FFS get away from me. I kicked the poor dog int the crack between the mattress and the end of the bed this morning. He was stuck for a little bit... oops.
    Photobucket
  • Dear H,

I'm glad you are home now but if you mess up how spotless I got our apartment while you were gone I'll be pissed.

Love,
    Your Wife

Dear internet at work,

Please start working. I can't call on my accounts this week since they are busy with move in and need to kill time on Facebook and pinterest lol.

Sincerely,
    A seriously bored employee

Dear sister,

Last night was supposed to be our later birthday dinner with our mom. I'm annoyed you invited your boyfriend and his kid.

-your annoyed sister
  • Dear Wife-who-is-not-Key-Spouse on the squad's FB group,
    I get that we can all post in this group. Not a lot of people do, but it's really great that we have this place that we can be informed not just about goings on for the whole base, but goings on in the squad. That being said: I get it. Your daughter is doing  fundraisers so that she can go to Australia for 3 weeks. That's awesome that she got accepted to the program and is trying to go. Good for her. I get that it must be expensive and she is doing a little fundraising, also, okay. But posting about the roughly 10 different fund-raisers she is doing or you are doing is getting to be a bit much. It's great that you get a cut from that Mary-Kay/Pampered Chef/Scentsy/bake sale/freedom flag pasta or whatever. But literally the only thing you post about is fundraising for your kid. It's a great experience, but, right now, I'd rather use my $20 to furnish a backpack for a kid on base whose parents can't afford to get them all their school supplies. I'm sure your kid is awesome, but I haven't even met them or you and you're already annoying me. 

Best,
    Fellow squad SO who isn't giving you money

• Dear H's car (again),

We JUST got you back. Why did you have to go all "check engine" light on us?! Can you please have nothing wrong with you?

Thanks again,
    Really was serious about being broke
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • In Response to Re:Open Letters Anyone?:[QUOTE]Dear H's car again,We JUST got you back. Why did you have to go all "check engine" light on us?! Can you please have nothing wrong with you?Thanks again,Really was serious about being broke Posted by firemedicrr[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's the gas cap?? Or take it to a different mechanic? Or my check engine light was on once for my egr valve. Basically it was nothing important.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_open-letters-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:baafe8c7-0e1d-48c8-b250-1eec96ac2d59Post:c59dda60-990f-4afa-a551-222017d0244f">Re:Open Letters Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Open Letters Anyone?: Maybe it's the gas cap?? Or take it to a different mechanic? Or my check engine light was on once for my egr valve. Basically it was nothing important.
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

<div>It's a "fuel too lean bank 1" code. Possible causes.... vacuum leak, fuel injector problem, a misfiring cylinder causing raw fuel to go thru catalytic converter...</div><div>
    </div><div>basically, it's something other than the transmission we just had rebuilt, along with replacing a bunch of parts related to that, so it's going to be more money to have it looked at and then fixed. sigh.</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Man fire, your car sounds a lot like mine. Why are people so hard on their cars!? Please don't tell me it is a Pontiac!? That is what my POS is.

I had the stupid thing practically rebuilt in the first few months of ownership. Luckily mine was all under warrenty. I'm sorry this is happening to you. =(
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_open-letters-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:baafe8c7-0e1d-48c8-b250-1eec96ac2d59Post:b62c7612-82ab-4d07-a333-ff04ab9bdf1d">Re: Open Letters Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Man fire, your car sounds a lot like mine. Why are people so hard on their cars!? <strong>Please don't tell me it is a Pontiac!? </strong>That is what my POS is. I had the stupid thing practically rebuilt in the first few months of ownership. Luckily mine was all under warrenty. I'm sorry this is happening to you. =(
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>sigh, doesn't look like I have to tell you. It speaks for itself apparently.</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • H has a Pontiac G6. Hopefully no issues come up with it :/ Sorry about your cars ladies!
  • Gah!! Terrible!!!  Is it a G6?

I had to:
     Replace all fuel injectors
     Replace the catalytic converter
     Replace Camshaft Solenoid Actuator Valve (Or something random)
     Replace Battery
     Fix the "Clunking" when I would turn.

And that was within the first 6 months....Luckily no Tranny work yet. I'd just chuck the car at that point and walk. 
    Photobucket
  • Oh man... my Pontiac Gran Prix was a major piece of shittttttt. That thing ALWAYS had problems! I'm sorry, fire! Pontiac is wack.
  • It's a pontiac vibe. From what I've heard one of the best pontiacs you can own in terms of not being a POS- IF you own an automatic trans. Nope, H's is a manual. FAIL. 
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Yea.. I hear you on the cars.

My H's car.. someone *cough* my father*cough* went all hulk like on the door handle and broke it. $300.... Plus $140 for the brake fluid flush because the idiot who did the oil change last, checked the fuilds...but did nto replace the cap correctly so there was a lot of water in the fluid. ...that plus the oil change..

$500 later....

Happy Birthday to me! (Actually that is a joke... I am having a pretty fantastic birthday =))
    Photobucket
  • Happy Birthday Amanda! :D

Also, Pontiac is a BIG NO-NO. I don't know what it is about them...they just kinda fall apart from the inside out. :/ blah.

Stupid question alert: Can you no longer get warranty on the car, Fire? Did you buy from an individual or from a dealer? Extended warranties=life savers. Just had the air compressor and a couple of other A/C related things fixed on my baby...I paid next to nothing for it to get fixed thanks to the warranty I got for it. It's already paid for itself :)
  • I wonder what the extended warranty on a POS like a pontiac would cost. haha. What company did you get yours through?
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • I think it's with a company called Preffered Protection Plan. It was offered to me at the dealership when I was still paying off the car. 
  • Dear Fiance,
    I know this is what you want but every time I hear you talking about the military, I die inside. I can't stand to be away from you nor could I imagine going through deployment. I wish I wish I wish I could tell you no, you can't do this but in my heart, I know that would not only hurt me but it would hurt you as well. What's worse is that you already know how I'm feeling about your life career but you brush it off and keep perservering.
    Forever yours,
    A lonely bride to be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards