Military Brides
Options

Finally Friday

I only worked two days this week but I'm over it. I have a wedding tomorrow, at noon, on the beach. I kind of want to go naked to it haha. Or maybe bring a parasol. Where can one buy a parasol these days?

TK mobile doesn't like spaces but this is a space. What's everyone's weekend plans?

Re: Finally Friday

• Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Moving the HELL out of my nasty assss apartment.  I can't express how excited I am to not be commuting over 2 hours a day. I was talking to my mom yesterday and she was like "It has been a really good place for you"... Um.. NO! Not even.... Long asss commute, Five mice, they stopped my mail, they NEVER were in the office, and never respond to my maintenance requests, and the apartment had  a terrible shower.... Hard to think of anything good.

No idea abotu the parasol Geeg... I just know you can get the cheap paper ones at the party store... or hobby lobby.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I have one word for you on the parasol....FLEA MARKET.

or...like Amanda said, Hobby Lobby :)
  • Options
    Amanda: I think that's great that you're finally getting to move from there! I'm probably headed to a nasty ass apartment for the next (probably) 9 months...So not looking forward to it :/

but hey, I need something cheap and soon!
  • Options
    Funnily enough, my apartment complex finally sent someone to fix my dishwasher/garbage disposal today, after about 5 months of having to bail water from the sink any time it ran. So, I'm happy with them today. We're still thinking of moving further out towards base when our lease is up in January, both so FI can have a shorter commute and so that we can have hard floors. 

I got my wedding ring back from the jeweler yesterday and it's making me so happy. It's a family ring and it hadn't been cleaned in years, so we took it to have it sized and cleaned. It looks incredible. Yay! Plus this place has some incredible estate stuff, so it's fun to look. 
  • Options
    Hello! OMG Geegs, if you go to that wedding naked, you're gonna take all the spotlight off of the bride! LOL!!!

I'm supposed to go to the beach tonight after work, but I so don't want to. Especially since there will be no alcohol. I am fully aware of how lushy I sound right now.

Tomorrow is H's poker night, but we're also supposed to go out to dinner with friends and see a fight, MMA or something. We'll see what we actually get to.
  • Options
    Yay friday! I'm actually heading to my dad's this weekend. We're checking out OpSail 2012 tomorrow--tall ships parade led by USCG's Eagle! And then fireworks if the weather holds. 
  • Options
    This weekend I finally get to see H.. its been about a month and our plans to see each other have fallen through a few times due to Navy related stuff that was out of his  control, so I am hoping that it actually works this time! If it does, we are going to make a coffee table, an end table and bedside tables out of pallets. This is one of my fave pinterest things, so naturally a good DIY project for us! I will definitely post pics of the project whenever we get to it (hopefully this weekend!)

It's still crazy here, we were pretty hard hit by that storm last week; luckily my parents home (where I'm living now) never lost power, but we lost internet and cell service was awful. My sister and her H have been here all week because they don't have power... lots of places going a week plus with no power. There were tons of trees down and the ER was a MAD HOUSE this week with people who had heat related problems (temps over 100 several days this week plus no electricity), breathing problems exacerbated by the heat, etc. 

We got back a sneak peek from our photog and I'm super stoked about that. H and I will be going through the DVD he sent us of all the unedited images and making sure all our "must have" pics are on his list. YAY :) It's taking a while for us to get pics back, but our sneak peeks are amazing so it's definitely worth the wait :)

wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh Oh oh!! I get to see my aunt and uncle and cousins who did not come to the wedding because it was too close to their son's wedding in the philipines....but they are coming for another (not family) person's wedding this weekend .... the...whole...fckung family.  it is hard not to be bitter about it.  Their son( my cousin) is having two weddings (because they had a destination wedding), and they only asked for cash...on the invite.  I don't care if you want to celebrate the marriage again...but don't call it a wedding.

Photobucket
  • Options
    I am going to see Rick Springfield tonight.  Yeah be jealous.  HAAAA Oh and celebrating my best friend's recent engagement.  I am so excited for them I can't even stand it. I am in bachelorette party planning mode as we speak.  Vegas anyone? Laughing
  • Options
    I work all weekend at the golf course.  I'm also going to attempt to do FI and I's engagment photos! Or at least for the Save the Dates.   I do photography, but I'm not sure how it's going to work out!  Well if they don't turn out it's not like I'll be wasting any money. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards