Military Brides
Options

Colors to match dress blues and ivory

Im having a hard time picking out colors for flowers and decorations at my wedding!! My fiande is wearing is Military dress blues and my dress is Ivory! :)  I was thinking maybe red blues or golds...w some ivory flowers but im not going for the "red, white & blue" theme!

Re: Colors to match dress blues and ivory

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I would stop trying to match his uniform and just pick colors that you like.  I think a combination of colors would be pretty.  You could do a mix of pastels for a spring wedding, bright colors for summer, mix of oranges, reds and yellow for fall or classic dark red roses for winter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Hey, we are having the same wedding.  My FI will be in dress blues and I'm wearing Ivory.  My MOH/BM are in blue.  I"m pretty sure I'm going with Ivory flowers.  Blue ribbon on mine to match the MOH/BM and silver ribbon on theirs. 

Not sure what branch you are but my FI "blues" look black to me and he says they really are black. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RevangelRevangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with red for our bridesmaid dresses, but I'm canadian so it's not the red, white and blue. Plus the blue I'm talking about is a pale greyish blue that our air force wears. Honestly I agree with Iluv, and pick whatever you want. The kind of blue you're talking about can go with practically anything.
  • Options
    amyl2585amyl2585 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we decided on black and white with red as an accent. But really any color looks good with a uniform.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in ivory and my FI is in AF mess dress. My BM dresses are a deep cranberry color and I'm thinking about doing some deep red cala lillies and white flowers, I'm trying to avoid the red white and blue crazy patriotic theme (I just don't want it to scream AMERICAN FLAG when looking at the photos) but by using deeper colors I'm hoping to avaoid that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MilitaryBride2B - You have a PM :)

I am also wearing Ivory and my FI is wearing his Dress Blues. Bridemaids are in Amethyst Purple. GM in Black and Purple. I am also looking at doing Reds, Bright Pink and Oranges for flowers.

Something to think about - Your FI is in Uniform and You and He are meant to stand out. So I wouldn't stress about matching the blues perfectly. Save youself the stress!!! I would only worry about colors clashing. :-)

HTH!
  • Options
    angelchild24angelchild24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my fiance and my brother are wearing their dress blues, and i am going to get a marine cake topper, the flower girl basket and ring bearer pillow have marine emblem stickers on them, but my girls are going to wear light green and i'm going to use purple flowers, i don't think you have to match the uniforms go with whatever colors you like
    BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13 BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Fiance is also wearing his Dress Blues, we are getting married in 6 days. I also did not want a red white and blue themed wedding so I went with White, Navy, and Silver. You could easily change the White for Ivory. So far the look is very classic but modest enough that I was able to add some fun colors here and there. I have a pink cala lilly tossing bouqet and there are hints of yellow throughout.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing ivory, my fiance is wearing his blues and my bm dresses are the same blue as the jacket of the blues. But since my favorite color is purple my moh's dress is a deep purple. The whole wedding is going to be done up in dark blue, deep purple and ivory. I found a way to match something and then picked a complimentary color I liked to go with it. Hope that helps some.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards