Military Brides

Online recording software?

Ladies, I need some advice...

I'm about to go to bat against my manager for harrassment.  It's a super long, boring story (and probably shouldn't get into too much detail online) but I need to be able to record what goes on in the office during the day - to be able to hit "record" and have it record the whole work day on an audio file (to document anything said in the office during that time).

Anyone have any ideas for a program that will do this?  I'm willing to pay for it, if necessary, though a free program would be ideal.  I do have Skype, and the computer has a microphone built in, and it's quite good quality so I don't need to worry about that.  I don't know if there's a way to do it with Skype?  I'm going to need to record several days at least.

Any suggestions?

Anniversary

Re: Online recording software?

• LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh shiit cal. I don't have any advice for programs but I wish you tons of luck. Hope you're okay.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow Calindi, I am so sorry you're dealing with this :/ You better get 'em! Anyway, the only thing I can think of is if you have a MAC computer, it has a program on it that will do it... but I don't think that is the case?

I just typed in "record" on my laptop and a "sound recorder" came up. I have Windows 7. Maybe you could try the same on your search on the work computer?
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a Lenovo at work that is indeed a Windows 7 computer.  No Mac, unfortunately.  I do have my iPad that I can bring if necessary, I'm just not sure how good the microphone is on that one.  I've never used it.

I'm okay, guys, it's just one of those situations - it's either going to be him or me in the next few weeks.  I won't stay and deal with the junk that I've been putting up with recently - applying at Total Wine for hourly work has been more and more appealing!  The partners seem to be on my side, but I need to document everything in case push-comes-to-shove. I'm not sure how this will all play out - I might be unemployed again in a few weeks, but it will be messy if it comes to that.  If anyone wants details, I'm happy to complain, but via email so shoot me a PM!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_online-recording-software?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:ccd75920-fd20-4349-be04-3c862ef39c01Post:fbc1f2cd-2f9c-4bca-94c5-54456672956e">Re: Online recording software?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a Lenovo at work that is indeed a Windows 7 computer.  No Mac, unfortunately.  I do have my iPad that I can bring if necessary, I'm just not sure how good the microphone is on that one.  I've never used it. I'm okay, guys, it's just one of those situations - it's either going to be him or me in the next few weeks.  I won't stay and deal with the junk that I've been putting up with recently - applying at Total Wine for hourly work has been more and more appealing!  The partners seem to be on my side, but I need to document everything in case push-comes-to-shove. I'm not sure how this will all play out - I might be unemployed again in a few weeks, but it will be messy if it comes to that.  If anyone wants details, I'm happy to complain, but via email so shoot me a PM!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Well, T's & P's for sure from me. Try doing that when you get in tomorrow, search programs for "record" and something should pop up. If not, then your iPad is the best bet. On the plus side, think of the amazing discount you'd get at Total Wine! Ha ha, totally just kidding. I think you're gonna be ok if the other partners are on your side.
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you can record on WMP
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • edited December 2011
    I sent you an email!!

Maybe test the ipad mic before work tomorrow? Why not just get like a tape recorder like people use for classes.  If any one asks, tell them it's to make notes to yourself about wedding stuff or something. Like this: www.tmart.com/8GB-UR08-USB-Digital-Voice-Recorder-with-MP3-Function-Black_p126947.html?ref=nextag" target="_blank">Clicky
    Photobucket
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Send me a PM"
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I knwo quicktime will record sound as well as video if you have a camara.

ther is one called Express Dictate which is a professional dictation software that may work. RecordPad is a general voice recorder. I knwo that those are available for mac, but I don't know if they are available on Windows.

Audacity (win and mac) will also record sounds - I beleive if you have it set up right. I've used it for records, but not for a mic - but I'm sure it woudl do the job. I havent hit a limit on how long it will record, but if it doesnt say i'd save files as you go if you can so it doesnt cap out.

thats all i have - sorry your having to do this I hope some of those may work for you
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow.  I am not sure that I have any help other than I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and send good vibes your way!
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's really nothing drastic, guys.  Just super annoying and intolerable, so I'm taking steps to make sure I have proof if it ever escalates.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    It's always good to have proof.  I would also suggest writing down with time and date and what took place.  About 4 years ago the you know what hit the fan where I worked but I was smart enough to document everything.  It was very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards