Military Brides

freaking the eff out!

okay, so i knew he was in the Air Force and was getting out soon, August to be exact, so thinking it was February, "there's no way they will send him back, it's too short"   i was wrong!  :( i have no idea how to deal with this, i know he's really good at his job, but i'm terrified. i dont really know how to handle these emotions... help me

Re: freaking the eff out!

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that you weren't expecting it, but you always have expect the unexpected with the military.  Basically, never assume anything.  

I don't really know what emotions you are referring to.  I'm guessing you definitely have some anger, and probably fear.  There is no use being angry or upset, because you can cry and complain every single day about it, and it's not going to get the military to change anything, and it will only make your life miserable.  It's already March, if he is getting out in August that is 5 months max.  Focus on what you can do during the deployment, such as wedding planning, taking some type of classes, working out, etc.  

If you are really having trouble dealing with it then I definitely suggest talking to someone.  If you aren't already married I don't think you can access the base chaplain, but you can seek your own counseling.  The American Red Cross does a lot for family member coping and dealing with deployments at all stages (including preparing for an upcoming one).  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Where are they sending him?  My fiance and I are both in the service and it is really hard so I definitely understand where you are coming from.  I love in socal, he lives on the other side in Connecticut, so we really have a lot of distance but we are able to deal with it and make the best of our situation.  I don't see him as often as I would like, but knowing that we both love each other and our love can "go the distance" as cheesy as that sounds, there is a peace in knowing this.  I hope you feel better.  Just know that there are a lot of military women/military wives who do feel how you feel and that we are all in this together. 
  • edited December 2011
    Like Beach said, You can cuss the military everyday he's gone, but that won't make him come home any sooner. Give yourself a weekend, or a week to be upset, eat cake, do whatever you need to do, then on Monday morning, pick youself up. Plan your wedding, Start going to a workout class, or you and a friend go on a walk every day. Pick up a hobby, I started crocheting when Hubby went back to Japan, I have a ginormous pink monstrosity, and I don't really have any plans to stop anytime soon.He's getting out so this is the last time you'll have to deal with a deployment. Lucky you!!
    Photobucket
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See, personally I choose to blame the idiots who want to kill us rather than the military.  And it makes it a lot easier to deal with the inconveniences of being tied to a military schedule.  At least so far - when he gets deployed, I'll let you know if it's still working for me.  But I figure it's better to be mad at the bad guys than the good guys.

Sorry he's being sent back.  Sorry that you're taking it hard.  Try not to let it get you down too much, remember that it's only 5 months and will pass before you know it.  Keep busy, do something productive - give yourself a goal for those 5 months, like you want to lose X lbs before he's done, or learn a new skill, or save $X to splurge on a vacation when he's done.  Stuff like that!  I find goals really help you see the time as more than just being in a holding pattern - get something accomplished!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards