Military Brides

Whole Wedding is Changed!!

Ok so, I need some advice. My fiance is a Marine and we were planning on getting married this October 9th. It was going to be outside, and a bigger wedding.. about 180 people. Well, of course the military always has to come in and mess everything up...soo he is getting his orders to change bases sooner than we had planned so we pretty much have to re-do our whole wedding. We are moving it up to August now, even though we don't know an exact date because we have to wait on his orders to figure anything out. But now we are wanting to have a small wedding in our hometown church that we grew up in.. instead of outside. I have already sent save the dates (that don't really matter anymore) to my guest list of 180 people. My question is.. how do I let everyone know that there has been a change of plans and we won't be having a big wedding anymore? My family has been telling me to send out letters explaining the situation, but what do I put in the letter? I feel bad because it is like I am un-inviting them.

Sorry it was so long but any advice would be great! Thank you =)

Re: Whole Wedding is Changed!!

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    "Due to unforeseen changes in (FI's name)'s Marine Corps orders, we have been forced to change our wedding plans drastically. We'll be having a very small and intimate wedding in the time allowed to us by (Fi's name)'s new orders. I wish we could have the wedding we were hoping for, and we know you will be with us in spirit, and we'll hold your thoughts and prayers close to our hearts as we start our new life together. At the very least, I'm getting a good lesson in being a military wife, and learning that plans always change and the only hope is to expect the unexpected! :)

All my love,
    Marine3wife"
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    Crud... and this is why we want to get married before he's called to TBS!  Luckily we have 2 more years of law school to figure it out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LuluP82LuluP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely get married before TBS! It's a pain planning. We totally regret not doing it.

What we're having to do due to life circumstances is have a very small JOP thing now (he's in TBS now) and we're planning a Catholic Convalidation ceremony and reception for next spring, post-TBS. But of course, there's always the chance everything will get messed up! Plus, I feel a tiny bit weird having 2 "weddings," but, nothing I can really do about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I like the wording.

In the United Kingdom we are a little more conservative. It is the Royal Air Force and having been a serving member in 1966 of the Women's Royal Air Force I was married within the Catholic Church with full uniform of the Royal Air Force as airforce blue and Number 1 dress.

The time has not changed in our weddings as the unit is the host and most go use the services on base. I attended my WRAF daughter and then my other daughter in uniformed weddings of the groom as both were in the RAF. To the forces I am the mom to them all.  Military life is full of changes and guests know that. Welcome to the family. We are all one family in one uniform always.xxx Smile

• edited December 2011

Put in the wrong issue as screen bounces, should be in the other category as mixed up the two issues. Marines are cool. 

• edited December 2011
    We also might get PCS orders before the wedding date, but it would only be about a month difference.  Even if we get orders to move before, I would keep the date just because it's such a hassle to change everything.  Is there any way your FI can inform his command about the situation?  Maybe even call up his monitor and explain to him your predicament?  It looks like it's only a month and a half difference.  It's worth a shot. The military always has IMPECCABLE timing when it comes to things like this, =) but they can be flexible at times too.  It doesn't hurt to ask!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I think pp wording is great. Only other thing I could suggest is keeping what you have planned. I mean unless he is deployed or stationed overseas OR you’ve totally changed your thoughts on what you want the original would still work right. Guess I’m not sure why you’d change everything because of a move? Unless its so you get your stuff moved with him which you have to be married for. You could stick with what you have and just fly in for the weekend or at least him fly in for the weekend? Think of it as a destination wedding JLOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards