Military Brides
Options

Happy Tuesday!

Hi Ladies!

Is everyone back from the Holidays? How was your holiday weekend? It's Tuesday! Any plans?! 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Happy Tuesday!

• Options
    I'm in love with the fact that it isn't Monday! I just finished printing off all the invites for the addresses I was waiting on. All of the familiy invites and bridal party get mailed off tomorrow! As for today, I'm planning on getting my tail end into the gym. I gained 5 pounds over our leave... ugh. And I pick up my dress tomorrow and  have my first fitting on Saturday! Not the best time to gain weight huh?! I'm hoping to lose about 10-15 more pounds before the wedding. (healthy of course) I plan on mentioning it to the seamstress as well.
    Any advice on what to bring besides the under garments and shoes?

Also - I apologize for my biotchy, whiney, rant. I just needed to get it off my chest and sometimes my FI isn't the best person to rant to. I'm pretty much over it now, but I was upset when I posted it. I'll live, I don't need a party anyways. But I think I might ask a few friends here in Jville to go out for late drinks/dinner when FI has his bachalor party, just so I'm not sitting at home. (Not for a bachalorette party- just to grab drinks for drinks sake :) )
  • Options
    I am back at work. The weekend was nice, busy, felt like I was all over the place. These last 2 weeks feels like a blur because of graduation, work, FI in town, Christmas, It will feel weird when life goes back to normal.

Being at work today stinks a lot because this is my FIs last day here and I am stuck at work all day. I left early on Friday and I can't really leave early again so soon. This is the last time he will be in OK until the wedding and it is starting to feel real. 

Photobucket
  • Options
    Good morning!

Wow amh, I just got caught up on that previous post. All I can say is sometimes people really suck!! And I agree, my FI is not someone I like venting to. He wants to fix things, and I just want him to say "I'm sorry, that does suck" and give me a hug! But that's guys for ya!

I lost about 5 lbs the last few weeks in anticipation of gaining weight while home, since my first dress fitting is on Thursday. But I've actually been keeping it off (I don't know how, since I've eaten out a lot and eaten so many goodies), so hopefully my dress won't be loose because I don't want to pay to have it taken in!

My FI went back to VA yesterday, so I have a few days here in WI by myself to spend with my family. All of my parents work today, so I'm going over to FI's parents to go through baby/kid pics of FI for our wedding slideshow. Pretty excited because I haven't see many pics of him when he was little! And I think my FMIL appreciates the gesture of me coming over by myself to hang out!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-tuesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:d80de5a5-eb49-4b6b-91ff-3fcd0dda9f78Post:78557558-4bd8-47b0-a52c-59e357e31448">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! Wow amh, I just got caught up on that previous post. All I can say is sometimes people really suck!! And I agree, <strong>my FI is not someone I like venting to. He wants to fix things, and I just want him to say "I'm sorry, that does suck" and give me a hug!</strong> But that's guys for ya! I lost about 5 lbs the last few weeks in anticipation of gaining weight while home, since my first dress fitting is on Thursday. But I've actually been keeping it off (I don't know how, since I've eaten out a lot and eaten so many goodies), so hopefully my dress won't be loose because I don't want to pay to have it taken in! My FI went back to VA yesterday, so I have a few days here in WI by myself to spend with my family. All of my parents work today, so I'm going over to FI's parents to go through baby/kid pics of FI for our wedding slideshow. Pretty excited because I haven't see many pics of him when he was little! And I think my FMIL appreciates the gesture of me coming over by myself to hang out!
    Posted by BinxRose[/QUOTE]

OMG! Haha! When FI and I had our meeting with our Priest, we were actually discussing this for a while. Apparently men don't converse like women. Women talk just to talk, we like to tell them all the bad stuff that has happened, but we don't want them to fix it, we just want them to listen.  *Most* men on the other hand, if there is a problem, they want to fix it. When we complain about something that happened, they feel like they need to fix it. They don't understand why we complain but do nothing about it.

We talked about the differences between the two sexes for a while, it was really funny because he hit the nail on the head with most of the stuff.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-tuesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:d80de5a5-eb49-4b6b-91ff-3fcd0dda9f78Post:78557558-4bd8-47b0-a52c-59e357e31448">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! Wow amh, I just got caught up on that previous post. All I can say is sometimes people really suck!! <strong>And I agree, my FI is not someone I like venting to. He wants to fix things, and I just want him to say "I'm sorry, that does suck" and give me a hug</strong>! But that's guys for ya! I lost about 5 lbs the last few weeks in anticipation of gaining weight while home, since my first dress fitting is on Thursday. But I've actually been keeping it off (I don't know how, since I've eaten out a lot and eaten so many goodies), so hopefully my dress won't be loose because I don't want to pay to have it taken in! My FI went back to VA yesterday, so I have a few days here in WI by myself to spend with my family. All of my parents work today, so I'm going over to FI's parents to go through baby/kid pics of FI for our wedding slideshow. Pretty excited because I haven't see many pics of him when he was little! And I think my FMIL appreciates the gesture of me coming over by myself to hang out!
    Posted by BinxRose[/QUOTE]

Yep! This exactly. My FI just wants to fix the problem rather than just letting me whine/biotch about it. But I think Amanda is right, most guys are like that. It's just the differences between them. Thankfully thats what friends are for right?!
    Yay for some 1 on 1 time with your in laws! I'm sure that'll be wonderful! (if you get along with them?) and I'm sure your FMIL will really love that time too.
    I'm really hoping its just bloat weight - I'm sure the steriods I was on had something to do with it and that girly time of the month because I've been really really careful about my portions. Or at least tried really hard to be really careful. I'm just going to make sure I work out this week and drinks lots of water and green tea and really watch my food intake.

Amanda - Wow!! Thats crazy! I'm sorry your having to work today on your FI's last day in town. I bet that makes the work day pretty hard to focus and makes it drag by pretty slowly. I'm not sure I remember your wedding date? When is it?
  • Options
    Okay! All you ladies with your Dress Fittings better bring back pictures!!!!!!! I'M SERIOUS!!

I'm here, I feel like crap.. I'm thinking its the flu cause I have a really low fever and I'm achey all over.. Not a good time to be sick.  My sister and her kids are coming up from Alabama this weekend so we're trying to get the house ready for them, and to get them all Christmas presents..  I have to work Wed, Thurs, & Friday so that means 2 early mornings, and then a late afternoon.. which I hate doing.  H & I finally got our apartment!!  I signed the last of the paperwork yesterday, and our move in date is in mid feb!  Now we're trying to go through wedding presents that have been in a closet since the wedding to figure out what we have vs. what we need.  I feel like there is so much stuff for me to do before the new semester starts.. but so little time.  On a sidenote.. The crazies are coming!!Wink
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-tuesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:d80de5a5-eb49-4b6b-91ff-3fcd0dda9f78Post:973b045c-3735-47ed-8957-c586ca82fee3">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay! All you ladies with your Dress Fittings better bring back pictures!!!!!!! I'M SERIOUS!! I'm here, I feel like crap.. I'm thinking its the flu cause I have a really low fever and I'm achey all over.. Not a good time to be sick.  My sister and her kids are coming up from Alabama this weekend so we're trying to get the house ready for them, and to get them all Christmas presents..  I have to work Wed, Thurs, & Friday so that means 2 early mornings, and then a late afternoon.. which I hate doing. <strong> H & I finally got our apartment!!  I signed the last of the paperwork yesterday, and our move in date is in mid feb</strong>!  Now we're trying to go through wedding presents that have been in a closet since the wedding to figure out what we have vs. what we need.  I feel like there is so much stuff for me to do before the new semester starts.. but so little time.  On a sidenote.. The crazies are coming!!
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! This is wonderful! I extremely dislike the fact that you're sick. I really hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    Amh - April 21st! Only about 4 months away. I'll visit him a couple of times, but FI doesn't have enough leave to come back anymore if he wants to take 3 weeks off for the wedding.  It was weird visiting my family and they were all, "Next time I see you you will be in April!"
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-tuesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:d80de5a5-eb49-4b6b-91ff-3fcd0dda9f78Post:27132392-ce5e-4aa1-a37a-ec3e91202491">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amh - April 21st! Only about 4 months away. I'll visit him a couple of times, but FI doesn't have enough leave to come back anymore if he wants to take 3 weeks off for the wedding.  It was weird visiting my family and they were all, "Next time I see you you will be in April!"
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

Oh okay! That's not too far away at all! I can understand the weirdness, thats how FI's family was too. His mom kept telling his sisters, next time you see your brother he'll be getting married. Kind of freaky, huh?! That's good that you'll be able to go and visit him between now and then!
  • Options
    eh. If feels like Monday to me, because I had Christmas at my Step Mom's yesterday. I woke up with a headache and my dog got into the toliet paper.

Plans include: Waiting for the Alieve to kick in and making breakfast. I am also going to do some shopping this evening. Looking for a ski coat for H :) One of the perks for exchanging gifts after xmas; I can get some good deals now.
  • Options
    Good morning everybody! I finally got to take advantage and sleep in for once... Now I'm doing random chores around the house and need to get packing for vacation. I'm leaving for FL tomorrow! :-)  I also have to say, all you ladies talking about doing dress fittings is so exciting! I'm with Sami, I hope to see pics when you're done! It also freaks me out a little bit, because now that FI is home for good I think we need to actually set a wedding date. Eek!

Amh - good luck with losing weight! I would bet that the steroids do have something to do with it, they're really bad about making people gain weight. How are you recovering, by the way? I haven't asked in a while. Hope it's getting better! Also, I completely understand how you feel about FI not understanding you just want to whine. Oh men.

Sami - I'm sorry you're sick!!! But YAY for getting an apartment!!!!

Shan - Hope you get some great deals and have fun shopping! And I hope the headache gets better!
  • Options

Mel - I can't wait to hear about your wedding planning and getting your date set.
    Yay for vacation!! My face is doing sooooo much better. I have almost all eyebrow function (wrinkling and wincing and shutting my eyes hard) back and I can almost completely smile with teeth. My kissy face is half way back too. I'm doing a ton better than what I was. I've just got to stay better (not sick) and not stress out either and I think I'll be okay. Thanks so much for thinking of me and asking! Everyones T&P's are really really appreciated!

• Options
    Yay! That's great to hear. I'm glad you're doing better!
  • Options
    amh- I love my future in-laws! They are so kind to me and treat me like family. My FMIL had to get work done (she owns a bar/restaurant, and gets all her paper work done in the mornings). So I mostly picked out the photos by myself. But it was still fun!

Sami- Boooo to being sick, but yay for signing the apartment!

Amanda- Same here! When saying bye to some of my family and friends, they were like "Well, next time I see you, you'll be getting married!"
  • Options
    Hey guys... I'm back at work. As much as I love working here, I really wish I was back in Mexico drinking tequila. Ho hummmm... Lol! H has another week off, so I'm jelly of him. Oh! Tk won't work on my computer at work! So sucks! Anywayyyy...Sami congrats on the apartment! I feel like I should know this, but when is your H coming back again?
  • Options
    I'm in such a down mood today. FI and I kind of got in a fight last night about our RD. We have 36 on our guest list. I am inviting some aunts and uncles even though they're not doing something in the wedding but my family was invited to their children's RDs when we weren't involved/had a big role in the wedding. Then we argued about when to fly out for our honeymoon. It's booked but then his dad suggested flying out Monday and push back the HM a day. I don't want to and we'd only save $100 a ticket. And then had to deal with FMIL the past few days. I feel like whenever the wedding is brought up I get judgment. Sorry I know this isn't a vent thread but I'm not in a great mood this morning
  • Options
    Hey guys!!!

Sasha's feeling better finally, no more yelping and crying while pooping, so that's a relief (for both her and her nervous owners).  Pumpkin puree was the key to making everything soft enough to not hurt (sorry if that's TMI, but thought it might be useful information to any other dog owners with constipated puppies).

We bought all the fixings to make kimchi and we're going to can it so we can have it for months!  Very excited about it!  Any of you ladies have suggestions on either - making kimchi or canning?

Sorry to all who are sick!  Yay to all (AMH) who are feeling better!  And super yay for all dress fittings and upcoming weddings!  I feel you on the "next time I'm here" moments... when I came back to Miami on Dec 18th, I realized that the next time I'm up north visiting my family, we'd be all moved out of Miami and driving up in May to live there for the summer!  It's a relief that we'll be out of here so soon.  We're down to less than 20 weeks!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    Zim - FI and I got into a little disagreement about the RD last week too. Haha His parents want to pay for it, and want it to be in a specific  place that is rather expensive and want to keep the guest list low, example: they were not even thinking about inviting grandparents. I on the other hand, would rather go to a lower cost option and have everyone we want there. It is a sore subject, but if FILs are paying for it, FI believes they should get most of the say in it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    All you ladies getting married soon are bringing me back down memory lane. :) Especially all the count downs and next times.

As for me my headache is finally gone. whoop!
  • Options
    Shan, I wish I could get rid of mine!  I've had it since Friday, on and off.  I wake up in the middle of the night with a headache, and then it's gone by morning, and then it's back by mid-afternoon.

FI also likes to "solve" my problems, but he's gotten really good at asking, "Do you want advice, or do you just want me to sympathize?"  And I'll tell him what I want, and he does that!  He's not always the best at sympathizing, sometimes he just gets annoyed, but he's getting better at least, and he's trying.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-tuesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:d80de5a5-eb49-4b6b-91ff-3fcd0dda9f78Post:3b650865-7e60-4957-8103-0799cb2a8e8d">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Zim - FI and I got into a little disagreement about the RD last week too. Haha His parents want to pay for it, and want it to be in a specific  place that is rather expensive and want to keep the guest list low, example: they were not even thinking about inviting grandparents. I on the other hand, would rather go to a lower cost option and have everyone we want there. It is a sore subject, but if FILs are paying for it, FI believes they should get most of the say in it.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]
    Well FMIL wanted to do a backyard bbq and swimming in their pool and I was like um no RDs are formal. FI and I both weren't happy about it. She wouldn't compromise and I suggested having it at the same place as our reception bc they have different rooms and different menus so it'd be different. She said that'd be tacky but there really aren't any other options in town. FI said screw it we'll book it and pay for it since she won't compromise. So we booked our own and will most likely be paying for it. She told FI she would like to still pay for it but when we were talking about it last night and kind of arguing about it all she said was don't forget your grandmother so we will most likely be paying for it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-tuesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:d80de5a5-eb49-4b6b-91ff-3fcd0dda9f78Post:4e5e1a75-2c9d-4f7e-92dc-96fe9e485f1d">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shan, I wish I could get rid of mine!  I've had it since Friday, on and off.  I wake up in the middle of the night with a headache, and then it's gone by morning, and then it's back by mid-afternoon. FI also likes to "solve" my problems, but he's gotten really good at asking, "Do you want advice, or do you just want me to sympathize?"  And I'll tell him what I want, and he does that!  He's not always the best at sympathizing, sometimes he just gets annoyed, but he's getting better at least, and he's trying.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Cal- could it be caffine withdrawl? Those are the only headaches I know to come and go.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-tuesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:d80de5a5-eb49-4b6b-91ff-3fcd0dda9f78Post:4cf93874-c20a-4e39-808c-e4cab8b5fa21">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Tuesday! : Well FMIL wanted to do a backyard bbq and swimming in their pool and I was like <strong>um no RDs are formal</strong>. FI and I both weren't happy about it. She wouldn't compromise and I suggested having it at the same place as our reception bc they have different rooms and different menus so it'd be different. She said that'd be tacky but there really aren't any other options in town. FI said screw it we'll book it and pay for it since she won't compromise. So we booked our own and will most likely be paying for it. She told FI she would like to still pay for it but when we were talking about it last night and kind of arguing about it all she said was don't forget your grandmother so we will most likely be paying for it.
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

Actually, RD can be whatever level of formal or informal you want. It's a gesture to thank your wedding party for A. being in the party and B. taking time to practice. We planned a backyard BBQ but got rained out so we had an indoor BBQ. It's perfectly acceptable if it isn't your style but the RD doesn't have to be formal. I have even been to one where it was pizza in the church.

I give you props for doing what you want and paying for it but I think it's nice that ur FMIL offered. My ILs didn't offer nor pay for the RD. My mother was queen of here I'll pay for this but it has to been done excatly how I want.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-tuesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:d80de5a5-eb49-4b6b-91ff-3fcd0dda9f78Post:661a74ad-f60e-4f96-9cec-45f0b8348e63">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Tuesday! : Actually, RD can be whatever level of formal or informal you want. It's a gesture to thank your wedding party for A. being in the party and B. taking time to practice. We planned a backyard BBQ but got rained out so we had an indoor BBQ. It's perfectly acceptable if it isn't your style but the RD doesn't have to be formal. I have even been to one where it was pizza in the church. I give you props for doing what you want and paying for it but I think it's nice that ur FMIL offered. My ILs didn't offer nor pay for the RD. My mother was queen of here I'll pay for this but it has to been done excatly how I want.
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]
    I always thought they were formal because all the ones I've been to have been. And 2 of my sisters and mom bought formal dresses. That sucks about your mom :( My FMIL will judge all of my ideas but isn't paying for anything so I just brush it off or try to at least lol
  • Options
    Hey ladies :)

Before I forget- MEL- where are you going to be in FL?!  I am leaving tomorrow night or thurs (haven't decided yet) and am headed down there as well.....and amh is already there, yay!

This past week was tough for FI and I with his ex showing up and whatnot. I just have to keep reminding myself that he's marrying me and not her and that it's not his fault she decided to show up and bother him. 

Yesterday was awful at work - today has been better. I just finished eating some Christmas dinner leftovers (my nanny's green bean casserole recipe... yum!) and now I need to figure out a workout for today. I've been awful with being consistent recently. I worked out every day for a week, then missed a week, then worked out a few days in a row, missed a few days. Something is better than nothing, but I feel better when I'm consistent. 

I need to mail our save the dates. I've had them addressed for the most part since the beginning of the month, but the hotel won't call me back to block off rooms for out of town guests. Oh well, I need to just mail them. Maybe I can get over and do that today. I'm stressing more about my guest list because IDK who to tell my MOH to invite to my shower; since we're doing A/B lists because FI's family is so huge. We don't know how many will come and all of them are from far away, so they wouldn't come for a shower, so meh. Kind of sucks, but again- I have to keep reminding myself that the important part of all of this is getting married. 

I can't wait for tomorrow to be over and for me to be headed to FL to spend New Years with FI!! We only see each other 5 more times before the wedding at most. Crazy! We already had that "next time we see each other, it will be at your wedding" with his sister, my grandparents and my uncle/aunt. We will have the same with his brother after New Years, and I won't see his parents until the wedding. Crazy, but it does make it feel more real!
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-tuesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:d80de5a5-eb49-4b6b-91ff-3fcd0dda9f78Post:e20e791d-9a38-49fb-bd9e-c0fd7aa33484">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys... I'm back at work. As much as I love working here, I really wish I was back in Mexico drinking tequila. Ho hummmm... Lol! H has another week off, so I'm jelly of him. Oh! Tk won't work on my computer at work! So sucks! Anywayyyy...<strong>Sami congrats on the apartment! I feel like I should know this, but when is your H coming back again?</strong>
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

Mid Feb...  around Valentine's day, but he's going to spend a few days with his parents in WA first, and then he'll be here!!  I think it'll only be a week where I'm juggling him, work and School, then I have Spring Break and we'll probably use that time to get the apartment all set up!! 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-tuesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:d80de5a5-eb49-4b6b-91ff-3fcd0dda9f78Post:661a74ad-f60e-4f96-9cec-45f0b8348e63">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Tuesday! : Actually, RD can be whatever level of formal or informal you want. It's a gesture to thank your wedding party for A. being in the party and B. taking time to practice. We planned a backyard BBQ but got rained out so we had an indoor BBQ. It's perfectly acceptable if it isn't your style but the RD doesn't have to be formal. I have even been to one where it was pizza in the church. <strong>I give you props for doing what you want and paying for it but I think it's nice that ur FMIL offered. My ILs didn't offer nor pay for the RD.</strong> My mother was queen of here I'll pay for this but it has to been done excatly how I want.
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

Not caffeine withdrawal.  I don't drink caffeine, it messes with my system too much.

Also, I agree with Shan.  A RD can be anything, or you don't have to have one.  It's nice she's offering, but if it isn't what you and your FI want, you are doing the absolute right thing - thanking them for their generosity, but politely declining and paying for it yourself.  It's always nice when people offer you financial support without strings attached, but usually when people pay, they want to do it the way they want to do it, and that's to be expected.

Like Shan, my in-laws aren't paying for anything.  FI doesn't even want to ask his Mom to pay for the RD as she'll likely hold it over his head forever and will likely even say something at the RD about how awesome and generous she is for paying for the RD, and is similarly likely to bring up the fact that he was engaged before, and that FI was a 'problem child', and will likely get smashed drunk before giving said speech.  So we don't even want her to pay at all.  FFIL has offered to pay for everything (shuttle bus and RD) but he doesn't have much money so we'll likely have him pay for the shuttle and that's it.  Long story short, we'll be paying for our own if we want to do one.

Anniversary

• Options
    Just popping in to say Hi! H and I are on the drive back to VA. We've hit some ridiculous traffic and the weather is terrible!! We had a wonderful holiday, I will post more when we get home!
  • Options

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Like most of you, I'm back at work too. :/ Not too excited about that...I'm just grateful for the 3 day weekend coming up!

I spent half my work day adding and deleting items off our registery. heh. It's fun but annoying that I keep changing my mind on EVERYTHING!

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-tuesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:d80de5a5-eb49-4b6b-91ff-3fcd0dda9f78Post:6cdcbd0c-b85f-4713-be1e-adbe7041ebf9">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Tuesday! : Not caffeine withdrawal.  I don't drink caffeine, it messes with my system too much. Also, I agree with Shan.  A RD can be anything, or you don't have to have one.  It's nice she's offering, but if it isn't what you and your FI want, you are doing the absolute right thing - thanking them for their generosity, but politely declining and paying for it yourself.  It's always nice when people offer you financial support without strings attached, but usually when people pay, they want to do it the way they want to do it, and that's to be expected. Like Shan, my in-laws aren't paying for anything.  FI doesn't even want to ask his Mom to pay for the RD as she'll likely hold it over his head forever and will likely even say something at the RD about how awesome and generous she is for paying for the RD, and is similarly likely to bring up the fact that he was engaged before, and that FI was a 'problem child', and will likely get smashed drunk before giving said speech.  So we don't even want her to pay at all.  FFIL has offered to pay for everything (shuttle bus and RD) but he doesn't have much money so we'll likely have him pay for the shuttle and that's it.  Long story short, we'll be paying for our own if we want to do one.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]
    They just bought our plane tickets today for us as our wedding present. FFIL has been awesome about helping us find tickets and whatnot. He just goes with the flow. He's like I'll do whatever you tell me lol. FI said they'd still like to pay for it but she hasn't said anything to me so we have it accounted for in the budget anyways. Just frustrating but at least we're under budget so we can pay for it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards