Military Brides
Options

Army Wives Reality Show

what are your thoughts on this??? http://www.army.mil/article/69634/
I'm not too keen on the idea myself and I know FI wouldn't be either.  What do all of you think?  and the lady that shared this on fb has been on TV before but her show didn't make it... she posted with "you may be seeing me on TV again"  she's just desperate to be on tv... IMO

Re: Army Wives Reality Show

• Options
    I think it could be a nice idea in theory but if they followed me around it'd be the most boring show ever haha. I prefer the juicy soap opera version of Army Wives :)
  • Options
    OH good Lord NO! H would kill me if I signed up for anything like that.  Not to mention I would be worry about the effects on his career.  I am a little more reserved around H's Commanders and his shop than I am around our friends.  I also don't see how they can make a show with many women and not have drama.  I think this has the possiblity of making them look like whiney, needy and b!tchy women with lives of drama.  It is called the "Editing Room" no one on any reality tv is edited to look good.  That gets ratings. To these women I say be careful for what you ask for.
  • Options
    From what I understand this was brought up several months ago on TN the ladies that were chosen were the wives of more senior guys. Hopefully they will represent military wives in a positive light and not act like a bunch of beebees. Lord knows we don't need people to think we're a bunch of women who run around acting like we're owed something or cheat on our husband's while they're deployed, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Also excuse my poor grammar and run on sentence. TK hates parentheses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_army-wives-reality-show?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:db64eae3-e12e-49d0-a0ce-9ed3c034c186Post:417de71a-5650-45a5-8680-547ffe895c5e">Re:Army Wives Reality Show</a>:
    [QUOTE]From what I understand this was brought up several months ago on TN the ladies that were chosen were the wives of more senior guys. Hopefully they will represent military wives in a positive light and not act like a bunch of beebees. <strong>Lord knows we don't need people to think we're a bunch of women who run around acting like we're owed something or cheat on our husband's while they're deployed, etc.</strong>
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought when I read this. Like I said the Editing Room is not anyone's friend.
  • Options
    Well....It is being made by the OWN... so maybe it will be all butterflies and rainbows? Not really drama induced? Sort of like the 50 kids and counting show?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Maybe it'll be more like "Coast Guard Alaska" on the Weather Channel? It's documentary style, not Real Housewives style and totally interesting. Either way, you couldn't pay me enough to be on tv, ever. 
  • Options
    I'm too much of a private person... and I'm kind of surprised that the Army is ok with doing it... I guess they have all those 'coming home shows' so I guess there's not much of a difference . 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards