Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Processional Length

I am trying to determine how long of a song I need for a processional of 4 bridesmaids and myself. The aisle is about 75 feet long. Does anyone know approximately how long this procession would take?

Thank you!

Re: Processional Length

• Options
    i have no idea...is ths for yoru cermony music? because if yor doing instrumentl you will be fine but if you are doing music with lyrics you make want to have them play the insturmental after in case you need more time
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If it's possible, I'd actually try measuring out a 75 foot space and, if you're all available to do it, actually walking down it, spaced as you're going to be spaced, at the speed you'd actually be walking.  The answer varies a lot depending on whether each bridesmaid is going to walk most of the way down the aisle before the next one starts, or if you want them walking closer together.
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice! Sounds like we will have to practice in order to choose music that is long enough for the whole processional.
  • Options
    Well, if there's a song you really want, you can also just figure out how long the song is, and then figure out how your bridesmaids need to be spaced to get them all down the aisle in that amount of time.  But I guess that still requires practicing.  :)

Oh, and if you're doing live music, they should be able to either have good stopping places in the music if you get down the aisle early, or good sections to repeat if it takes longer than expected.  So yu don't need to worry about timing quite as much if it's live.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards