Military Brides
Options

Mother/Son Wedding Songs??? HELP!!

So the FI & I were talking last night & realized his mother & him do not have a song to dance to yet. I've been "googling" & "youtube-ing" it up, but most come out kinda lame?? Undecided ...so yeah...any suggestions on what y'alls FI's will be dancing to??

Re: Mother/Son Wedding Songs??? HELP!!

• Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have you asked your FMIL for preferences? There might be a song from when your FI was a kid that meant a lot to her at the time that would work. 

ETA: I love "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6tV11acSRk

In this case, the Sheryl Crow version might be appropriate.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    bintmejnunabintmejnuna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what my fiance will dance to, but my brother and my mom danced to Paul Simon's  Loves Me Like a Rock at his wedding.  They both had so much fun and it was a real crowd pleaser too.  :)
  • Options
    Ashley_MateaAshley_Matea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

No, I haven't asked her, just because he told me not to lol. He's afraid she's going to pick "American Soldier" by Toby Keith, which he would absolutely dread. But, I may hint around if she has any songs that she liked which remind her of his childhood without necessarily mentioning it's for their dance. Those song suggestions were very good though! Thanks to the both of you!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My Fiance and MIL will probably be dancing to 'Never Alone' by Lady Antebellum. Check it out.. I think it's also really fitting for military guys!  Love love love this song!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI picked "You'll be in my heart" by Phil Collins.  Its actually the theme from the Tarzan movie.  She really likes Phil Collins (FI was named after him), and its a nice song.  Kinda longer than he wanted though so we are having the DJ shorten it a little.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ashley_MateaAshley_Matea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like that Phil Collins song! I'll have to share that one with him. He finally came to the conclusion that he probably won't be able to surprise her & will just have to let her help pick one she likes too! lol I'll tell him about that & the never alone song!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i really like the lady antebellum song! I want to have FH listen to that and see what he thinks! only thing is FMIL doesnt like country... but that song doesnt sound too country so it might work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards