Military Brides

Invitation question

The invitations I would like to order have one font for the main text (all caps, plain lettering) and a different font (a cursive-type, slightly larger size) for our names.  Since my FI is military, I am including his branch below his name.  Should his branch be in the same font as our names, or the same font as the rest of the text?  Also, should it be in the same size font as our names, or the rest of the text?

Just making sure our invitations look right.  I wasn't sure what the deal was for the different fonts.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitation question

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure.  I would think the same as your names.  The different texts would have my OCD all sketched out.  I wouldn't be able to do it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    edited December 2011
    My font is all the same, but our names are bigger. It really depends on whether you're going super feminine for the name font. I wouldn't put the branch name in fancy script. Can you post a mock-up (with different names)?
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • mkay7mkay7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is a sample from the website with his branch in the same font and size as the name.

(Don't worry... those aren't really our names Laughing)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I think that looks good if you like it. I prefer the branch to be in block lettering, but that's my personal taste. Maybe make US Army smaller since it's overshadowing his name a bit?
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • mkay7mkay7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. The site won't allow me to change the size or font of the second line, but I can request them to change it. I may just ask them to make it a little smaller.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I know I may be late, but here is what our invites looked like with the font the same as our names & my husbands rank & branch smaller in size.  Hope this helps to give you an idea of what you want!

Good luck!

DSCF5315
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards