Military Brides
Options

USMA Cadet Chapel

My husband is currently deployed with the Army to Kuwait, and I am planning our official wedding ceremony for his return next year. He is a graduate of the Citidel and has served for 8 years. My questions is, are we eligible to marry at the Cadet Chapel on the grounds of the USMA at West Point?

Re: USMA Cadet Chapel

• Options
    You said your "official wedding ceremony".  Are you already married?  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TX, her "husband" is deployed so I would assume so. If that's the case, you're not eligible to "get married" anywhere. You could, however, plan a very nice vow renewal.
  • Options
    We were married in a civil ceremony at the last minute when his deployment was suddenly moved up. We will be home next year now, and we are planning our religious ceremony as well as a reception. My question is not regarding eligibility based on the fact that we are already wed, but based on Army standards. Do you have to be a former cadet to be married at Cadet chapel? Or based on my husband's service, could we have it preformed there?
  • Options
    *Performed
  • Options
    You might want to make a new username that doesn't have your full name, internet security and all that
  • Options
    That's a great point, I never noticed I can't seem to find the place to change it though...
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_usma-cadet-chapel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:ec1326f7-c38d-4970-a8be-97b2c351930dPost:7effe7c8-0586-4c9f-943a-57819f8717cd">Re: USMA Cadet Chapel</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were married in a civil ceremony at the last minute when his deployment was suddenly moved up. We will be home next year now, and we are planning our religious ceremony as well as a reception. <strong>My question is not regarding eligibility based on the fact that we are already wed</strong>, but based on Army standards. Do you have to be a former cadet to be married at Cadet chapel? Or based on my husband's service, could we have it preformed there?
    Posted by stephaniewelch9[/QUOTE]
    Well tthe chapel might. Contact them and ask these questions.  
  • Options
    In Response to Re:USMA Cadet Chapel:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: USMA Cadet Chapel:We were married in a civil ceremony at the last minute when his deployment was suddenly moved up. We will be home next year now, and we are planning our religious ceremony as well as a reception. My question is not regarding eligibility based on the fact that we are already wed, but based on Army standards. Do you have to be a former cadet to be married at Cadet chapel? Or based on my husband's service, could we have it preformed there?Posted by stephaniewelch9Well tthe chapel might. Contact them and ask these questions. nbsp; Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]

This. They will be able to answer your question better than us. I would also assume that everyone knows your married and you won't be lying to your guests?

Since you have so few posts I would create a new account since TK doesn't let you change names.
  • Options
    It is common knowledge that we married prior to our deployments. This will just be the wedding we never had due to both of our tours being moved up. Especially my husbands, we got a week notice!! Thanks for the advice on the profile name change. Looks like I'll create a new account.
  • Options
    Sounds like you are on the right track then. Have fun planning!
  • Options
    I'm sorry, it's the pretty princess day you never had.  If it was the wedding you never had, you wouldn't be married.  It's a vow renewal.  I'm not sure that the Chapel allows vow renewals.  I would contact them and ask specifically.  
  • Options
    I hate to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure you have to be a West Point grad to get married in the Cadet Chapel.  Obviously you'll have to contact them for sure, but I'm pretty sure this is the policy for all the military academies and their chapels.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards